what amp

acura cl
10+ year member

miami
hey i have two AUDIOBAHN 1206qs

i was wondering what would be the better amp to get, im thinkin of the 2200HCQ from audiobahn but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know, some prices with those amps would be nice, and if you could let meknow what else i might need to complete the deal?

thanks

look at the RMS of the subs you have. and get a amp that puts that much to the subs......

unless your into SPL then you prob would want to get an amp thatll put out the amopunt of peak power that the subs will handle..........but i would recommend getting RMS power, for the subs life sake

spl wise, power isn't that big of a deal... you always want to match the RMS power, not the max.

You probably want something class d cause it's efficient and doesn't have high SQ. they are all pretty much the same, so get a big one and put your subs in the right (important) ported box

sealed = sq

ported = spl loud but not accurate

bandpass = ****

very simple!

sealed is what it sounds like, a woofer in a sealed enclosure

basically ported is a box with a hole in it... usually long and wide.

dont even think about bandpass, they're only good for a small freq. range.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.