What amp would I need?

not too shure i havent gotten them yet. my brother builds them professionally for a living and built em for the subs i bought so i'll find out when i get them from him. although i have heard from other people these sound better ported but everyone has their own opinion lol

I think everyone is forgetting about the Lanzar Opti-1522D/1222D subs. Although the ONLY good subs out of all the ones mentioned on this thread, as they should be for $300, just thought they deserved a mention //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif To the OP, are your boxes ported or sealed? Them Pyles will sound much better in a sealed I bet. Less output, but MUCH better SQ. I know the frustration of being on a tight budget too, but after blowing up a Power Acoustik in one week, I realized with car audio, you are never paying for JUST a brand name. When I started out, I thought Kenwood and Pioneer were top of the line lol, until I heard some DC Level 4's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
lol already said before, there are no opti lines of amp or subs under 200 dollars no doubt those things wang very well. OP's budget is in the 45s and below.

As for sealed, it depends on the efficiency bandwidth product of the sub using the sub's theile small parameters to determine what enclosure sounds best for each specific sub. Its not that sealed automatically sounds better, some subs sound like complete @ss in sealed because they weren't made to be in a sealed enclosure. vice versa with subs meant for sealed but put in ported. If the EBP is somewhere in the middle where it works fine in both sealed or ported, then you need a properly designed ported box and it will still beat out the sealed in both Sound quality and output. I see very little reason to go sealed if you sub can go either way.

If your brother knows what he is doing with box construction and they were designed specifically for them subs, you should be ok. Keep your gain down on your amp though and NEVER use the bass boost feature. If you aren't clipping, those Pyles might last a while on that Pioneer 760w. I am guessing that you're not gearing towards SPL with them subs, so sealed will almost always yield better SQ.

lol already said before, there are no opti lines of amp or subs under 200 dollars no doubt those things wang very well. OP's budget is in the 45s and below.
As for sealed, it depends on the efficiency bandwidth product of the sub using the sub's theile small parameters to determine what enclosure sounds best for each specific sub. Its not that sealed automatically sounds better, some subs sound like complete @ss in sealed because they weren't made to be in a sealed enclosure. vice versa with subs meant for sealed but put in ported. If the EBP is somewhere in the middle where it works fine in both sealed or ported, then you need a properly designed ported box and it will still beat out the sealed in both Sound quality and output. I see very little reason to go sealed if you sub can go either way.
Just a general opinion based on past experience with cheap a** subs, lol. I have always found that cheaply built subs at a low RMS, sound much better in a sealed box. This of course could be different with these subs in particular... And he already has subs, wasn't trying to sell the Opti's, just thought they were an exception to the low quality of other Lanzar products.

And this is why the world is how it is. Dude makes $60 a week and hes buying some ******* subwoofers. God **** priorities man. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I have to say from experience myself that Ive ran a pair of Lanzar Max Pro tens in separate 1.6 cu ft enclosures tuned to approx. 36-38 htz on an old school Autotek Mean Machine 99, and they slammed!! Enough that my throat hurt in a 93 Acura Integra. I still have them today. Perfect shape. They were temps, till I got my subs back from a warranty issue,and have to say that they were the best $38 dollar shipped subs Ive ever played.For the Money..Id find an American Bass Mini VFL amp for the $200 range,all great amps for the money.If you need a chep 4ohm mono amp, I have one also that will work cheaply within your budget.

in my opinion i would not buy a new amp.find a JL,or ARC KS series amp on ebay,craigslist,or in the classifieds on here.every one has to learn from exp.if you blow your subs but bought a nice used high quality amp you will be one step ahead for your next sub purchase.then do the same and buy a used quality sub.i have not bought a new amp since 1996.all my amps,subs,head units,and components have been used.on average i save 60-75% off new.and only one DOA since i started buying used.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.