What amp would I need?

I know plenty about mechanics but nothing about speakers and speaker systems and it seems when i ask for help all anyone wants to do is insult me for the brand of subs i picked out instead of helping with figureing out how and what amp/amps to get *sigh*
Guys are just trying to help you out here man. What's your budget for the amp? I have an old Pioneer 760 that would work. 50.00 shipped and it's yours....

i've been saving for awhile and the speakers have a 12 moth warranty as well as i already have some professionally made box's for them that my brother gave for free so i wassent too worried paying $38 each for the speakers

Buy cscstangs, amp for 50. Or post a wtb thread. That leaves you 200 left over for wiring and other upgrades later on. We all start somewhere and if you enjoy it you'll constantly be upgrading. I'd go cheap on the sub stage for now and use the extra money for upgrades to your highs. If you do blow the Pyles then we can revisit your sub stage later. You have them and might as well run them.

the 12 month manufacturer warranty means if it blows, you'd have to deal with Pyle's customer service and most likely they will try to pin the blame on you, if you can get through to them then you would have to ship it to them with your own money, they will not send you a shipping label. Shipping cost of those woofers cost almost as much as they are worth. RMA process is a lot worse then you think. If these constantly blow, you'll be paying an arm and a leg for RMA shipping.

You would have been better off getting some kenwoods or pioneers in the same price bracket under 45 dollars. Pretty sure you had to pay shipping on yours too because its not over 100 dollars on parts express. The pioneers and kenwoods are priced shipped but performance and quality is much higher for overall cheaper price.

Just giving you a little insight on what having a subwoofer system might entail and the actual value cost to each decision you make.

As for the amp, CSCstang's pioneer is priced really cheap and would work well with those subs. Make sure you learn how to set gains properly and know when to back off on the volume knob.

No, those lose a voice coil or two easily. They are in the garbage category where sooner or later it'll turn into doorstops. Same story with any pyle, boss, lanzar, power acoustik, crunch, dual crap out there.
i dont considered these technically as garbage, especially lanzar opti line. But hey everyone has there opinion.....

i dont considered these technically as garbage, especially lanzar opti line. But hey everyone has there opinion.....
in the 150 dollar and under catagory, most are pretty bad. There are no lanzar opti amps/subs that are under 200 dollars in retail. Each of them have their "champion amps" that actually perform well but its above the op's budget. 95% of their other products are utter disappointments.

well im intrested in your amp cscstangs just send me an email with your phone number or something to lovecat48519@gmail.com to figure out payment and just to let you guys know the amp will just be running the subs. i have some mids and tweeters and an amp for them i got for free from my brother in law. all i needed was the amp for the subs. the mids and tweeters are pioneers ran off an rca home theater system but its not strong enough to run the subs and it sub output is fried anyway. most of what i have i got for free

ok. i had to replace the sub i did have cuz it didn't have an protective grate and i went into an seizure and ripped the cone on my sub to shreds *sigh* it still works but its just being heald togeather by tape and staples untill the new subs arrive then its getting retired

in the 150 dollar and under catagory, most are pretty bad. There are no lanzar opti amps/subs that are under 200 dollars in retail. Each of them have their "champion amps" that actually perform well but its above the op's budget. 95% of their other products are utter disappointments.
agreed....

I think everyone is forgetting about the Lanzar Opti-1522D/1222D subs. Although the ONLY good subs out of all the ones mentioned on this thread, as they should be for $300, just thought they deserved a mention //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif To the OP, are your boxes ported or sealed? Them Pyles will sound much better in a sealed I bet. Less output, but MUCH better SQ. I know the frustration of being on a tight budget too, but after blowing up a Power Acoustik in one week, I realized with car audio, you are never paying for JUST a brand name. When I started out, I thought Kenwood and Pioneer were top of the line lol, until I heard some DC Level 4's //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.