what amp would fit this setup??

bentchetler

Seattle
So I know you guys probably won't enjoy this but I am trying to be thrifty with my new setup and I am hopping on some dual 4ohm type r's. I will be getting 2 12's and hopefully a custom ported box built to the subs specs. what amp will push these well and be reliable for me? thanks in advance for any input.

So I know you guys probably won't enjoy this but I am trying to be thrifty with my new setup and I am hopping on some dual 4ohm type r's. I will be getting 2 12's and hopefully a custom ported box built to the subs specs. what amp will push these well and be reliable for me? thanks in advance for any input.

I would go with this, its a solid amp, easy on the eyes, and wont hurt your pockets to much.

PPI black ice 1800 for $195 shipped

Precision Power BK1800.1D 1800W RMS Monoblock Class D Black Ice Series Car Audio Amplifier with Remote Gain Control* at Onlinecarstereo.com

Wired up right each will see 900 watts. I ran some at 750 watts each with a subsonic filter on them and I think you should be conservative with the gain if your going to run the bk1800 on them. I don't know if they will really take their 1000 watt rms rating

Wired up right each will see 900 watts. I ran some at 750 watts each with a subsonic filter on them and I think you should be conservative with the gain if your going to run the bk1800 on them. I don't know if they will really take their 1000 watt rms rating
they will take the 1000 watt rating.. i know from experience also you have to take rise and voltage drop to in affect as well. Wiring at 1ohm after rise & voltage drop it will probably be at 2ohms+ so the subs wont be seeing the 1800watts anyway

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:54 PM ----------

This amp is discontinued, and people have gotten burned by that store after ordering discontinued product that's no longer in stock. Buyer beware.
i was unaware of this. Dont you sell these?

so any other options that i should check out??
Hifonics is always a good bet on a budget, keep in mind when buying cheaper amps you need to feed them properly with your electrical system (batteries and alternators) just keep an eye on it with the new amp. Cheaper amps are typically less efficient- this isn't "always" the case though.

i have no set budget right now, I just want to find a good deal on an amp that will compliment the two type r's and be reliable.
What vehicle do you have? It's not clear that you understand the electrical demands yet. Amplifiers need stable voltage and current to work properly, and if you have a tiny 80 amp alternator you have no business running a 1.5-2K amp. That's why you've been asked about your electrical system.

What vehicle do you have? It's not clear that you understand the electrical demands yet. Amplifiers need stable voltage and current to work properly, and if you have a tiny 80 amp alternator you have no business running a 1.5-2K amp. That's why you've been asked about your electrical system.
yea sorry i do not know much about all of this stuff, I will either have a infiniti G37x or an impreza wrx

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.