stupid amp strapping question

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm going to be strapping two sundown sazs 3500s together. Since they have two inputs that are internally linked, I would need each woofer to be 4 ohm when it enters the amp? Then inside the amp the load would drop to 2 ohms with the internal link. If my head is wrapped around this correctly I will need two d2 woofers in order to raise the ohm load to 4 ohm

I'm going to be strapping two sundown sazs 3500s together. Since they have two inputs that are internally linked, I would need each woofer to be 4 ohm when it enters the amp? Then inside the amp the load would drop to 2 ohms with the internal link. If my head is wrapped around this correctly I will need two d2 woofers in order to raise the ohm load to 4 ohm
Whatever ur final ohm load is will be split up between 2 amps..so if ur final load with 2 d4s is 1 ohm each amp will be running at .5 ..if u run 2 d2s with a final load of 2ohm each amp will be 1ohm

Whatever ur final ohm load is will be split up between 2 amps..so if ur final load with 2 d4s is 1 ohm each amp will be running at .5 ..if u run 2 d2s with a final load of 2ohm each amp will be 1ohm
Thanks , thats what I thought. I plan on bringing the d2s up to 4 ohm. Then placing both into the amp where they will merge and create a load of 2 ohm. Just confirming my thoughts. I would hate to buy the wrong config of woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.