what amp to push 2 SA-12s

box rise and all...
I know theres box rise and its not a solid tone but still 2200 watt rms amp on 1200 watt subs they are definitely under rated we all know this I'm not mad I think its amazing but I was mad when I bought a 1200 watt amp to go with my 1200 watts of subs and it wasn't enough. Just saying maybe they should change it to rated 600 rms (Yeah Right) lol.

No doubt love mine I was just saying after box rise I bet your well into a 2ohm+ load so in the real world you are prob feeding the pair a good 1200 or so.. As long as your happy thats all that matters.

No doubt love mine I was just saying after box rise I bet your well into a 2ohm+ load so in the real world you are prob feeding the pair a good 1200 or so.. As long as your happy thats all that matters.
I don't think they rate it that way tho don't they take that into consideration when rating subs?

They rate it per its continual all day rms level. If you had a clean 600rms to give one you could literally play it all day. You have to remember as well that in order to offer any type of warranty you need to be able to have "controls" in order to ensure the item is used correctly and with in it's limits. I'm not saying you shouldn't give them more power, but rather a bit more understanding on how things are rated.

Another way to look at it, is if they would rate it at 1k rms. Some one out there would run it on that all day and then damage it. Well now that is SA's fault because it failed under usage of posted specs and with in the limits as SA claimed them to be.

There is always that one guy that will make things hard for a company, just how it is.

I don't need to I have them at 1 ohm on a aq2200d they get plenty of power they sound great I'm pretty sure I could run mine all day and they are getting more than rated.
Go make a video.....now..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just want to see how it turned out for you.

Go make a video.....now..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
I just want to see how it turned out for you.
I want to but I never have a good day to do it on and i only have my android phone to do it with. I go to work then when i get out its 10pm so it's dark. I might be able to make one Monday if my neighbors don't come out and yell at me lol. I played them while driving around tonight for about 2 hours came home put my hands on the cones and not even warm also the amp cold lol, although i'm in NY so its cold out but I had the heat on high. I'm just impressed how well the amp handles cooling and the subs. I really need to get a good day to turn them correctly I can't tell if they are bottoming out or anything they don't sound like it but they are so close to the hatch it rattles a lot lol.

I want to but I never have a good day to do it on and i only have my android phone to do it with. I go to work then when i get out its 10pm so it's dark. I might be able to make one Monday if my neighbors don't come out and yell at me lol. I played them while driving around tonight for about 2 hours came home put my hands on the cones and not even warm also the amp cold lol, although i'm in NY so its cold out but I had the heat on high. I'm just impressed how well the amp handles cooling and the subs. I really need to get a good day to turn them correctly I can't tell if they are bottoming out or anything they don't sound like it but they are so close to the hatch it rattles a lot lol.

ill make vids in hd 720p of my ap going into the 11v range and still flexing my car if you post your vids :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

ill make vids in hd 720p of my ap going into the 11v range and still flexing my car if you post your vids :p //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif
Your ap makes ur voltage drop to 11v from 14?

Your ap makes ur voltage drop to 11v from 14?
lulz. yea. ive got a crap motorcraft battery anf 105a alt with big three. i think its the fusing i have because im running 2/0 to it and i set the gains to 30vAC and runnin at 1 ohm. can i turn this into my ''why does my volts drop bad'' thread?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.