what amp should i use?

Marine0806
10+ year member

ok, i have a diamond macdaddy 12 (4 ohm single voice coil). i have been pushing it with a rf punch 401s for about a month and i am disssatified, it is simply just not enough power for it, so im lookin for a new amp. i wanted to go the hifonics route, but there is no use in that since it is a single voice coil and i cant drop the ohm load on it lower than 4 ohm, which would be the whole reason of buying a hifonics. i was lookin at a rf power 551s but i am not sure if even that would be enough power. rms says 600, but after i got the sub i read of people puttin 800rms into these subs and they still crave more watts. i was wondering if anyone could help me with findin the right amp for my needs. plz post soon if you can help me

hmmm, 800 rms @ 4ohm (yeah if you read my review don't go hifonics route).. now remember, the amp u get is probably gonna be some serious shyt, so i wonder if its even worth getting a serious amp for that sub.. that's ur choice though..

consider this amp

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13476

hehe *could get a pg tantrum 1200.1 for that price

here's something cheaper

900 watts @ 4ohms bridged

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/1187

profile 1200 watt max amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.