what amp should i go with?

Participant count
  • Participant list
i currently have 1 mofo 124x running at 500rms i am planning to get another and i want to run them both at the 1500 rms they say they can handle whats a good amp to run both of them off for under $200. my current setup of the 1 mofo i am getting headlight dimming would whats under the hood and a 800 watt 2nd battery be enough to handle both subs at 1500rms?

no jokes or bs please want real and serious answers.

Ok no jokes. Throw out the mofo. Get a real sub. You throw 1500rms on that and its gonna smoke. Also your not gonna get a 1500-2000rms amp for under 200$ unless you find a hell of a deal on here. Headlight dimming is because of voltage drop.

My advice. Ditch your entire set up. I know that sounds bad but man. Im telling. What you have now is total garbage. For $500. you could get a pimpin amp and pimpin sub that could do more than 10 of those Mofos. id put money on it.

if you are asking this, you are by no means ready for a legit 3000 watt system. How about save up for a good electrical system to handle the amps first.
sometimes i feel like not answering at all but i just hate that feeling of asking a question and getting no response so i try to give them something...

lol you really gave it to him!

back on topic op, bigger rms numbers does not mean louder subs. Loud is how well your enclosure is designed, how well it works with your vehicle and the quality of power you provide the sub. that 1500 watt mofo is easily destroyed by legit 600 rms subs easily. There are a few youtube videos of guys pulling out with 2 mofo 15s on several cheap monoblocks only putting out 137dbs. While others pull a 140db+ with a single 8 inch sundown sa 8.

Edit:

only 136 lmfao

on a side note, they should at least take a legit 600 watts each so get something quality for the amp if you are adamant about it and do a proper enclosure design. They like lots of airspace.

yea, if you feed that sub a TRUE 1500 w rms, you are going to melt it down in no time flat .....

Whether you like to hear it or not, these guys are just being honest with you .....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.