What amp is better to power 2 JL10w3v3-4

kurtfromct
10+ year member

CT
i currently have a JL j2 500.1 that i could use, but i think the subs would be only getting around 1/2 the RMS they could take. I found a KENWOOD KAC-9105D new for $180 that has a RMS of 900 watts x 1 at 2 ohms. the 10w3s can take 500w rms, so i guess what im asking is what amp out there gives me enough to power both subs and isnt real expensive. i wanna spend $200 max, and dont want crap. i like my JL amp now but that was for 2 10W0s and will not make enough power for 2 10W3s.

I wonder if that 9105D really produces 900 watts RMS at 2 ohms? IIRC the KAC-9104D did a whopping 644 watts at 2 ohms falling a tad bit shy of its "rated" 2 ohm power.

I wonder if that 9105D really produces 900 watts RMS at 2 ohms? IIRC the KAC-9104D did a whopping 644 watts at 2 ohms falling a tad bit shy of its "rated" 2 ohm power.
wow thats a joke. you pay for all that power and dont get it. someone recomended MB Quart ONX1.1000d. i am looking for 1000w at 1ohm for around $200, that will be reliable

wow thats a joke. you pay for all that power and dont get it.
That is the thing most don't realize about the CEA rating and that is that CEA is only good for 4 ohms. The manufacturer can say what they want about other impedance loads even though the power rating is just a pipe dream. Here is the review of the KAC-9104D: Kenwood KAC-9104D - Review Amplifiers - Amplifier Reviews - Car Audio and Electronics

someone recomended MB Quart ONX1.1000d. i am looking for 1000w at 1ohm for around $200, that will be reliable
MB Quart along with Cadence make decent budget amplifiers. I know Audiopipe amps are also favored on this forum, but the only one I ever saw was at a repair shop because the owner of it somehow managed to drop a screw on the circuit board and cause a short. How he got that screw past the heat sink and on to the circuit board, is anyone's guess!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.