What AMP do I need??

I am in the UK and have £100 to spend on an AMP but dont know which one to buy.. I am trying to run a 350watt RMS sub woofer at 4 ohms (bridged) or if possible, I am trying to power 2 different sub woofers, a 350watt sub woofer and a 250watt subwoofer making 500watts.. What CAR AMP can I get to power them??

Thank you.

I think they are both single voice coils however the 250watt RMS subwoofer has a pair of RCA inputs on it compared to my old 350watt sub woofer which only has 1 RCA connector on it (Red and black).

I decided to go for this AMP GM-A5602 2 Channel GM series Class AB car amplifier

What do you think of it? I know it should definately run 1 of my sub woofers, that being either the 250watt or 350watt however I am not too sure if it will run both.. It is 900 whats so 450watts to each subwoofer would be more than enough wouldnt it? Of course I would set the gain so they both run but not that they are over powered etc..

I think they are both single voice coils however the 250watt RMS subwoofer has a pair of RCA inputs on it compared to my old 350watt sub woofer which only has 1 RCA connector on it (Red and black).
I decided to go for this AMP GM-A5602 2 Channel GM series Class AB car amplifier

What do you think of it? I know it should definately run 1 of my sub woofers, that being either the 250watt or 350watt however I am not too sure if it will run both.. It is 900 whats so 450watts to each subwoofer would be more than enough wouldnt it? Of course I would set the gain so they both run but not that they are over powered etc..
Those are not RCA connectors, those are speaker terminals. The one with 2 sets is a dual voice coil, the other is a single. Do not run different subs in the same car.

pick 1 sub not both.

and like said they are not rca but speaker terminals.

if 1 of the subs have 2 sets then that a duel voice coil sub. now need to hook up a dmm and see what ohms each coil reads.

Why cant you run 2 different subs in a car?

Which sub would be better then to run? the 250watt dual voice coil sub woofer or the 350watt single voice coil sub woofer? Which will produce more bass?

pick 1 sub not both.
and like said they are not rca but speaker terminals.

if 1 of the subs have 2 sets then that a duel voice coil sub. now need to hook up a dmm and see what ohms each coil reads.
Sorry for saying RCA, got confused. Right, I will test check the ohms of the speaker however which would be better to run for deep bass? the 350watt RMS sub woofer or 250watt dual voice coil?

Thanks.

Sorry for saying RCA, got confused. Right, I will test check the ohms of the speaker however which would be better to run for deep bass? the 350watt RMS sub woofer or 250watt dual voice coil?
Thanks.
Can you post the brand/model number of each? Also, post the VC resistance for each once you figure it out.

Can you post the brand/model number of each? Also, post the VC resistance for each once you figure it out.
well the model of the 250watt dual voice coil is PYLE PL1290BL 250Watt RMS and the 350watt RMS sub woofer, I have no idea what the model number is as it doesnt say any where however it is named "NeXt" as the brand. and the VC resistance as in the ohms of the subs right? It says on both of them that they are 4 OHMS if that makes any difference.

well the model of the 250watt dual voice coil is PYLE PL1290BL 250Watt RMS and the 350watt RMS sub woofer, I have no idea what the model number is as it doesnt say any where however it is named "NeXt" as the brand. and the VC resistance as in the ohms of the subs right? It says on both of them that they are 4 OHMS if that makes any difference.
Don't waste your time. Sell them both

Don't waste your time. Sell them both
-_- That helped lol, I had the 350watt sub woofer running on a 400watt AMP untill the AMP decided to blow its transistor therefore I want the sub woofer to work again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .. I dont want to spend money on getting another sub woofer as the amp has just cost me £90 itself.

-_- That helped lol, I had the 350watt sub woofer running on a 400watt AMP untill the AMP decided to blow its transistor therefore I want the sub woofer to work again //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif .. I dont want to spend money on getting another sub woofer as the amp has just cost me £90 itself.
I hate to break it to you. If you had a amp of the same caliber as your subs than it wasn't 400 watts.

If you're insistent on using this sub, buy something like this:

Gladen M-LINE 60.2 2-channel amplifier - 2 Channel - Amplifiers

Bridge the channels and make sure you only use it with the single 4 ohm VC sub.

I hate to break it to you. If you had a amp of the same caliber as your subs than it wasn't 400 watts.
no idea if it was or not but they did work together seemingly well as the car shaked etc with just that AMP and subwoofer so I was happy.. Not looking for anything fancy, just some boom boom in my songs lol.. Wouldnt I get more bass now seeing as I purchased the 900watt AMP which will power the 350watt properly therefore not making it underpowered like the previous AMP did?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.