What Amp Do I Need?

seanovenden

Dude, you should look for an amp that does maybe 400wrms for that set-up. You should have come here before your purchase, because that thing is sub par at best. I am not going to rag on you about, but some will flame on you REAL hard. Get a 2 channel amp that does 200x2 at 4ohms, and hook them up to it. Then start saving up some money for your upgrade. Don't get me wrong, they will play, and might even sound good to you. But take it from me, and I am no where near an expert when it comes to car audio, you will want to up grade, and real soon. With that being said, if they sound good to you, I hope you can get your money's worth out of them.

Are you on a small budget? If so, how much are you willing to spend? If you just want a little bump and do not plan on upgrading, you can get a cheap amp. If this is just a temporary thing, you should amp for a higher quality amp, that way you won't need to get a new one if you decide to upgrade the subs.

Are you on a small budget? If so, how much are you willing to spend? If you just want a little bump and do not plan on upgrading, you can get a cheap amp. If this is just a temporary thing, you should amp for a higher quality amp, that way you won't need to get a new one if you decide to upgrade the subs.
i don't want to spend more than $300 but I'm not necessarily on a small budget, i want the subs to sound as good as they can.

---------- Post added at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

PPI BK 600

Or somthing like that you cannot get greedy with the power here
thats 800rms, shouldn't i be looking at exactly 600? or do they not even come like that

Dude, you should look for an amp that does maybe 400wrms for that set-up. You should have come here before your purchase, because that thing is sub par at best. I am not going to rag on you about, but some will flame on you REAL hard. Get a 2 channel amp that does 200x2 at 4ohms, and hook them up to it. Then start saving up some money for your upgrade. Don't get me wrong, they will play, and might even sound good to you. But take it from me, and I am no where near an expert when it comes to car audio, you will want to up grade, and real soon. With that being said, if they sound good to you, I hope you can get your money's worth out of them.
what would you suggest i get for around $250? From the reviews i have a feeling ill be sending them back when i hear them.

Check with some of the vendors on here, and also, check the classifieds. Like I said, they will play and may even sound good to you, but you WILL want more. Check with mylows10, he 's help me quite a few times, and most of the times I was seeking his knowledge and not any of his product, and he was just as helpful either way. You can ask the questions, and hopefuly, you will receive positive feedback, before the cyber bullies latch on to the thread. Good luck, dude.

what would you suggest i get for around $250? From the reviews i have a feeling ill be sending them back when i hear them.
Sonicelectronics has a hifonics boltar for 249, 350 x 2 at 4ohms, 500 x 2 at 2ohms. It should do close to rated, and it will come in handy when you send those back. Do you have any electrical upgrades? Not that would really need that at the moment, But it wouldn't hurt to do what is known as the big3. Most of us use 1/0 guage wire that. You can go to knuconcepts and get their kca 1/0 for less than $2 USD a foot.

I ordered a Dual Electronics BP1204 subwoofer off of amazon.ca yesterday. ive heard a lot of bad reviews and a lot of good reviews about it and that's not what i'm here for, if they **** im sending them back the same day they come in. I wanna know what kind of amp i should be looking at, i know nothing about amps. here are the subs specifications: Dual BP1204 1100W Max, Loaded Dual 12" Illuminated "illumiNite"
The enclosure got 4.5 stars from 27 people on sonic electronix so it apparently sounds better than most expect it too BUT the thing about buying a loaded enclosure rated for 600wrms is you need to hit it with serious power to wake it up, it will most likely sound weak until you feed the current to it, another thing about having a loaded enclosure that needs a powerful amplifier to drive it is most likely having to add a second battery or even having to upgrade the charging system and we have not even hit on what you are going to do for the main speakers and the power they will need.

Reverse engineer the system design and figure out what the charging system can handle which for most fullsize cars and trucks is about 50 amps dedicated to the sound system, that comes out to about 690w total system power including the subwoofer so now you can see how out of balance the entire system design is, go back to the drawing board and rethink system design.. Think smaller subwoofer for starters, like maybe 450wrms total for the subs leaving you 150Wrms or more for main system power, cheers..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.