Recommended amplifier for these subs?

goodmusic

Fla
I'm going to be buying these subwoofers:

2 Rockford Fosgate P2D4 12 12" 1000W Car Subwoofers 080687324606 | eBay

Theyre both 4 Ohms, so I think im just wire to them a 1omh final. Using this:

What amplifier would provide more than enough power for these subs? I want them to really really kick. I used to have an audiobahn a8002t for some only p2's and they kicked so hard. Im sure that these new ones will kick even harder since the previous had an RMS of 200 and these are 400.

Any help is appreciated!

Oh and Im going to have to drill a hole through the middle of the box on the inside. Does anyone know where I can get a roll of pos/neg jumper wire long enough to wire it all?

Thanks in advance!!

I found these speaker wire site, so all I need is help picking a amplifier. Im sure I need 1000+ watts, and then, what gauge of speaker wire to buy

Car Speaker Wires at Sonic Electronix

The subwoofers would have enough power to sound loud with the 1ohm to the amp right? Or am I gonna have to do a dual 4 ohm to 4 ohm on the amp to really get them to kick hard?

THanks in advance

this amp will work, do the 1 ohm Precision Power PPI S850.1D Sedona Series 850W Class-D Monoblock Amplifier

you can go with 12ga - 14ga speaker wire.

just so you know each sub takes 400 rms so 2 subs take 800 rms.
Im not looking to buy chrome again. It gets way too hot. And I run my amplifier sometimes for 2-3 hours on long drives. Im willing to waste up to like 175 on an amplifier that will drive the subs to peak and not overheat or die out on me

The next model up on the precision amp would probaly be good and almost exactly your budget
Im looking for an amp that will last. Link?

I want a reputable brand. The subs are 4ohm, ill have two. So I plan on wiring them to 1ohm. Whatever amp you think can handle the 800RMS+ for both combined, and the 1600 watt peak for both, suggest it. Id be willing to waste up to 200.00 on a amp that will last me

The next model up on the precision amp would probaly be good and almost exactly your budget
Are you talking about this one:

Precision Power PPI P1000.1 Phantom Series 1000W Monoblock Amplifier

The thing is, I would wire them to 1ohm. And by doing that, I would be left with one positive and one negative only. Meaning I would have to bridge, and I cant bridge according to the specifications of that sub.

Right?

Use this tool as a guide to wire subs:
Rockford Fosgate® - Woofer WiringWizard

The soundqubed 1200W would be good for those, give you some headroom and it's $269.
I've read a lot since I made this thread and I've learned way more than expected. I'm going to wire them to a 1ohm impedance. Im going to buy a mono amp. I've made up my mind and brought it down to these two:

Pioneer GM-D8601 Monoblock 800W GM Digital Series Class-D Amplifier

Precision Power PPI P1000.1 Phantom Series 1000W Monoblock Amplifier

I like the precision power way more, but the thing is, it says 1000 watts RMS @1ohm with 14.4v, and only 785 RMS @1ohm with 12.2v. The subs alone are 800watts RMS. What do you guys think? And most likely my battery is ranging way under 14.4v, meaning I wouldnt get the full RMS

12 volt = battery only. car off.

14 volt = car running. alternator making power.

Either one of those amps will push those P2s. Rockford has a 1200 watt in their prime lineup that would match up nicely too.

12 volt = battery only. car off.14 volt = car running. alternator making power.

Either one of those amps will push those P2s. Rockford has a 1200 watt in their prime lineup that would match up nicely too.
If you had to recommend the pioneer or the precision power, which would you pick? Im leaning more with the precision power. All the extra knobs give me better control over everything.

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

If you are really willing to spend a little more we could do a Incriminator 10.1 Can not go wrong with that amp. Can also hook ya up with the wire if needed.
How much more is a little more?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.