what all would i need

to add subs and an amp to my mini cooper, but keeping the stock HU? i have the upgraded Harmon Kardon factory system, which i might add, has to be the nicest stock speakers ive ever owned or heard. they have alot of bass for 4 speakers (no sub!)

what im wondering though, is can i keep the stock HU, stock speakers with the stock amp on those, and add like prally 2 8's with a small amp. i dont want any extra batts, alot of weight, or anything like that. i also dont wanna change the stock HU out at all...

i just want some low end bass added to it as well. with pretty decent SQ.

dont have hardly any room to work with, if any of you have seen a mini cooper trunk lol

i also wanna keep the stock cd changer too.

I would suggest using only one sub. A 10 or an 8 in a Mini is going to be plenty especially w/ a factory SQ setup and weight saving considerations. I'm sure you could use a line level converter and get signal from the rear speakers or behind the deck. And then all you would need is a standard amp wiring kit. Also USD audio has prefabbed enclosures specifically for Mini's. I'm not a fan of prefabbed but they look pretty nice. I plan on purchasing a Mini JCW next year after my current vehicle is paid for, I can't wait!

I would suggest using only one sub. A 10 or an 8 in a Mini is going to be plenty especially w/ a factory SQ setup and weight saving considerations. I'm sure you could use a line level converter and get signal from the rear speakers or behind the deck. And then all you would need is a standard amp wiring kit. Also USD audio has prefabbed enclosures specifically for Mini's. I'm not a fan of prefabbed but they look pretty nice. I plan on purchasing a Mini JCW next year after my current vehicle is paid for, I can't wait!
i love my JCW

I had planned on a STi but I like being able to "build" a Mini the way I want it for a little less money. Also the wing on the Sti would have to go immediately after I bought so it was starting to look like too much money for a guy w/ 3 kids and wife. I could drive the Mini JCW for a few years before I wanted to do anything perfromance or appearance wise.

im trying to find out what else i can do to my mini..its all stock now, most of the mods that other people do without the JCW kit, is all the stuff i alerady have on mine. i dont want to get into major mods now, cuase im sure theyll void the warr. (performance wise)

but where can i get one of those Line converter things?

If you want a clean signal off the factory unit I would suggest an Audio Control LC8. We use them at work a lot in installs that require use to use the factory head unit such as BMW's, Land Rovers, etc.

still...for that i should buy a HU lol

but i dont wanna change it, i like the look with the factory one in there //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

oh well...xmas is coming tomorow which = lots of monies //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.