What about cheap 2 channel amps?

Water Bear

Senior VIP Member
Contemplating an active 3-way set up for the Tahoe, and looking at budget 2 channel amps.

What's the word on this Precision Power amp?

Those are some good specs. 0.02% THD (@ rated power? @ 1 watt? @ optimal wattage?), tons of power, and 4.5k high pass is just high enough to work with tweeters.

This MB Quart ain't bad either.

What recommendations do people have?

Edit: This thing is really cool, too, but is starting to exit the "cheap" category. Comes with a built in DSP.

Contemplating an active 3-way set up for the Tahoe, and looking at budget 2 channel amps.
What's the word on this Precision Power amp?

Those are some good specs. 0.02% THD (@ rated power? @ 1 watt? @ optimal wattage?), tons of power, and 4.5k high pass is just high enough to work with tweeters.

This MB Quart ain't bad either.

What recommendations do people have?

Edit: This thing is really cool, too, but is starting to exit the "cheap" category. Comes with a built in DSP.
That particular mode of ppi is pure junk. Stick to ion and phantom.

i'd say get a ppi 900.4. which is bandpass capable. If you plan on using your MRX f30, you can just bridge that amp into a 2 channel amp. Always have more power than you need.

Looking for about 100 per channel at 4 ohm. I won't be using the set up in my sig for the Tahoe - it will be all new parts. Hoping to get 200ish per sub, 50 on the tweets would be fine, 100 on the mids. More is always better, especially when it will come to the bass.

I've had excellent performance with the PPI, Soundstream Nano and NVX amps. All met or exceeded rated power and were reliable.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Looking for about 100 per channel at 4 ohm. I won't be using the set up in my sig for the Tahoe - it will be all new parts. Hoping to get 200ish per sub, 50 on the tweets would be fine, 100 on the mids. More is always better, especially when it will come to the bass.
Just got mine. Realistically 125x2 at 1 to 4 ohm and less than. 0.1% THD. Triple darlington application stage and the last batch has a circuit that brings the fan up to full speed much later and much slower that way you don't hear that turn on fan noise that was an issue

Wow helluva find on the xenon? Are they actually in stock? They are fantastic amps.

The ppi 350.2 is a good option, CT 100.2 or 150.2

There is a 99$ zapco, but only 60x2

Wow helluva find on the xenon? Are they actually in stock? They are fantastic amps.
The ppi 350.2 is a good option, CT 100.2 or 150.2

There is a 99$ zapco, but only 60x2
yeah 1st thing i pm to him was look at zapco but they weak, thought they'd have a 80-100x2 but i didn't see 1 in the cheaper models anyway.. that pg should be good..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.