What 6X9 speakers have the most bass for $100 or less?

Well, it sounds like the best thing to do is to get a single 8" sub and a cheap amp.

Can you guys put a few suggestions together?

What sub, amp and wiring kit can I get for $100 or less?

Thanks.

Danford1

PS this totally goes against my original idea of no sub and amp but if it can be had for $100 or less, I know it would sound better.

The car already has some Pioneer 6x9's that sound OK. I'm sure the amp and sub will help them out big time.

Sonic Electronix has the best freakin deals on Car Audio out of any other online website. I bought all of my equipment from there. Look at the original price of those speakers... And yeah remember dude, 15w rms aint ****. You're only going to get the best bang with more power, meaning an amplifier. Most of those speakers above are like 50w rms + if not more. 15w wont do much for those.

go to your local pawn shops.

send your self text messages of all the reasonably priced amps they have there. manufacture / and model name - number

then go home and google each one. find specs on them - see what power they put out. - search around and see if they seem good enough to use for a cheap setup - or if they are complete junk.

boss amps = junk / unless they are from the verry early 90s then they might be ok enough to use

but you get the idea. generaly companys that fake name stuff like a combination of kenwood and rockford fosgate = rockwood

yeah... im shure rockwood amps are not verry good. but I have one. it was free from a friend. and it did about 250w bridged

and was enough to get me started in car audio systems.... then it goes from there ya know ?

upgrade when you want to.

you still never told us what car it is for also... year / make / model please n thanks

I like the pawn shop idea. There are two not that far from me.

The car is a 68 Mustang Coupe. It still has a package tray which is nice as the fastbacks didn't.

Right now it has an old Kenwood HU, 6 1/2" Pioneer 2 ways in the cowl side kick panels and Pioneer 6x9 TSA-930P 3 ways in the package tray.

Originally I was looking for the most bass from 6x9's for $100 or less. Everyone here convinced me this is the wrong way to go. I need to add an amp and a sub to get the sound I want which goes against my original intent.

I'm old enough to know a lot of time you just have to change your plans. Soooooooo

I'm changing my plans. I'll start looking for a decent used amp and a 8" or 6X9 sub.

I have plenty of room in the center of the package tray to add the sub.

I still want to "hang" one from the package tray as opposed to a box in the trunk. This is my street/strip/show car. While on the street and/or going to car shows that small trunk is packed full. I can't give up that space for a speaker box. I can however mount a sub to the package tray.

My search goes on.

Thanks for the replies thus far.

Danford1

If your going to have an 8" speaker hanging and not in a box, you need a specific type of sub called IB(Infinite baffle), do a search for it. Basically you can uses other subs in IB but some are better than others. In general the subs since they are in free air take less power, like maybe 1/2 or less of the rated rms power. Most who do IB tell you it all about cone area and xmax, 2x 15's is one of the most common setups for IB. You also need to seal off the inter cabin and baffle for the speaker to the other side of the speaker making the trunk a large box.

Basically a speaker in a box will be louder and handle more power

So consider that and sealing it off may be more work than you want to do, where a box in the trunk is an easy compromise

So you may want to find a small amp and wire it to your current speakers to see if thats a nice amount of bass or not. if not consider what I said above and figure which way you want to go. Just remember it takes power to play bass so your headunit is not enough even for the door speakers to have much of any bass.

Another thing, consider sealing your doors good as this will increase the bass from your door speakers

Ok, Soooooo my plans changed. Now I'm researching 5 channel amps the aren't total junk, but aren't excellent quality either. I'll also do some sub woofer searches.

Cost will be a huge factor here.

Here are 4 I found. Please comment if total junk or seems OK.

NEW JENSEN POWER5500 5 Channel Car Audio Amplifier Amp - eBay (item 230548918449 end time Nov-12-10 15:03:49 PST)

NEW CRUNCH P1-5000.5 1500W 5 Channel Car Amplifier Amp - eBay (item 390257607589 end time Nov-28-10 14:02:55 PST)

16-MCH600 - Memphis Belle 5 Ch. 600 Watt Power Amp - eBay (item 270659982548 end time Nov-13-10 07:05:55 PST)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290497139373

Thanks.

Danford1

Wow ! Your arms and legs are way different than mine.

$359 is a far cry from my $150 budget for an amp.

Really, are any of these decent amps? I'm not looking for ultra quality, just a decent cheap amp.

Crunch P1-5000.5

Jensen Power5500

Lanzar VIBE532

Boss CX1800

Danford1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.