What 12" subs for 500 watts RMS?

INcriminator audio's 187 series are rated at 300rms watts and go for $110, or you can go up one to the lethal injection its rated a 600rms adn runs $190. i have a single LI running it s 750watts and sounds great and my box is 3^ft3 tuned to 34hz(recommended size by nick who owns IA)

if u wanna go with the most common sub then go with kicker
this coming from the guy that said sundown wasnt quality or long lasting.

op, there isnt much your going to get for that little of a budget.

one of the only things i could think to suggest would be the mb quart RWE 12s, they take around 400 rms but that box will likely be a little large for them.

what are you trying to say in that video? my single 12" can shake my rear view mirror more than that. those are only hitting FQ's during the song. i take it those are the only FQ's that they can really bump to?

bump

i also have another box thats 2.5^3 tuned to 38Hz, what subs would hit hard in there? Whats louder, 2 entry level subs in the first box, or one beefer sub in the second box?

this coming from the guy that said sundown wasnt quality or long lasting.
op, there isnt much your going to get for that little of a budget.

one of the only things i could think to suggest would be the mb quart RWE 12s, they take around 400 rms but that box will likely be a little large for them.
Um, not really. You'll be hard-pressed to find ANY sub in which 1.5 cubes is "too big". For most 12"s, 1.5 cubes is on the lower tolerable end. Those MB Quarts in particular are optimal at over 4 cubes EACH. That's over 8 cubes for the box.

You best match for that box are these: RE Audio SRX12 12" Dual 4 ohm Car Subwoofer their optimal enclosure is 2 cubes each (4 total) and that's about as close as you're going to get. 32 Hz is kind of high of those though, so expect a bump (car transfer fn will exacerbate this further), unless you EQ it down. If somebody finds a better match for that box spec-wise for under $100 each, I will buy them for you. (Disclaimer: previous statement not legally binding)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.