What’s the deal with DD Audio?

Why won’t they sell their products online? Is it a warranty issue? I would forgo the warranty so I don’t have to drive 150 miles one way to the closest dealer.
A lot of companies do this to support brick and mortar shops and it's a bit easier to do when you're marketing yourself as a premium product and can charge a high enough MSRP to leave a worthwhile margin for those dealers.
I do believe that if you don't have a dealer close to you they will sell direct, though a dealer may offer you more wiggle room on pricing. Have you tried to call them? They do have Americans that answer the phone and know their stuff if you call on the phone.

Why I never ran DD. I have no dealers around me at all. Contacted them to purchase directly telling them I have no dealers near me. They just told me to contact my closest dealer to order.... Asked them some questions about the DSP I wanted to order and pricing and they just repeated to contact a dealer... Pass....

A lot of companies do this to support brick and mortar shops and it's a bit easier to do when you're marketing yourself as a premium product and can charge a high enough MSRP to leave a worthwhile margin for those dealers.
I do believe that if you don't have a dealer close to you they will sell direct, though a dealer may offer you more wiggle room on pricing. Have you tried to call them? They do have Americans that answer the phone and know their stuff if you call on the phone.
No. I read on their website no online sales of any kind. But now I just read that you can call if no dealer is nearby.

Why I never ran DD. I have no dealers around me at all. Contacted them to purchase directly telling them I have no dealers near me. They just told me to contact my closest dealer to order.... Asked them some questions about the DSP I wanted to order and pricing and they just repeated to contact a dealer... Pass....
Must be nice to have so much revenue that you can pick n choose. They must keep costs down by understaffing the sales department.

Last edited:
Why won’t they sell their products online? Is it a warranty issue?
Protects the brand. Warranty purposes, quality control, dealer trained installs. Also helps support brick n mortar.

It's less convenient as a consumer but I understand why they do it, especially as a premier brand. Last thing they want is a bunch of sketchy online warehouses trying to price cut each other out or start selling B stock as A stock, or having the average joe put there product in some cheap pre-fab box and then blab online about how this product blows

You also have to factor in that this is an older brand that's had brick n mortar dealers for over 30 years. We shouldn't complain about DD not screwing over there long time dealers. Car audio has a reputation for screwing dealers and consumers over so it's actually refreshing to have some of these long term brands that are still going strong

Last edited:
Protects the brand. Warranty purposes, quality control, dealer trained installs. Also helps support brick n mortar.

It's less convenient as a consumer but I understand why they do it, especially as a premier brand. Last thing they want is a bunch of sketchy online warehouses trying to price cut each other out or start selling B stock as A stock, or having the average joe put there product in some cheap pre-fab box and then blab online about how this product blows

You also have to factor in that this is an older brand that's had brick n mortar dealers for over 30 years. We shouldn't complain about DD not screwing over there long time dealers. Car audio has a reputation for screwing dealers and consumers over so it's actually refreshing to have some of these long term brands that are still going strong
I can understand that. I’ll have to give them a try. Hopefully they care as much about making quality products.

give it a few more years they will have to cave to online sales like JL did just like they said they would never have overseas made woofers now the redline series are their best selling subs...

Must be nice to have so much revenue that you can pick n choose. They must keep costs down by understaffing the sales department.

Has nothing to do with that, he wanted some information after telling them he had no local dealers anywhere close to him and they just punted. If they can't take the time to even TELL him about the DSP and what it can do then that says a lot. I get that they want to support their dealers and I support that but to NOT talk about their own products and punting it to someone else is a bad way to do business. Give you an example...I contacted Apex Car Audio about their Cab-22, within 2 hours I had an email answering everything I wanted to know + more information that I didn't ask for. Many companies do that, obviously they won't.

give it a few more years they will have to cave to online sales like JL did just like they said they would never have overseas made woofers now the redline series are their best selling subs...
I'm actually surprised the redline didn't come sooner. Weird for DD for the longest time to sell entry level amps and speakers to the clients but then have to tell the same client "well if you want a sub from us the cheapest one we offer is almost 400 dollars"

If enough shops close up (which has been happening a ton in my area in the last 10 years) they'll probably have to move to some online sales

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.