Went to my first comp.. competed

more_spl
10+ year member

only have 1, but it's 12"
Winnipeg
Hello CA people.

I went to my first SPL comp yesterday and had no idea what to expect. I was all worrying about when to do what and all, but i think it went smoothly (after my first run which was pretty much juts a "tester") The mic was an AC..

System specs:

(1) eDk12

(1) amp: pushing 450wRMS @ 4ohm

Ported box @ 31hZ, 3 cubes

Second skin and LOTS of it !!

in the trunk of an 00 Grand Am, rear seats folded down

i think the second skin held up REALLY well in the comp, nobody was trying to hold my car and it was soo quiet from the outside.. Tahnks Ant br0!

Here's my score sheet.. The stuff in red i added to explain

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/277455/spl.jpg

Great job on your score. It sounds like you have an ideal setup there. I bet you turned some heads with only 1 12. Was there many people at the competition with elemental design subs?

Does anyone know anything about a competition in knoxville,tn during august?

Great job on your score. It sounds like you have an ideal setup there. I bet you turned some heads with only 1 12. Was there many people at the competition with elemental design subs?
Does anyone know anything about a competition in knoxville,tn during august?
no. the only good subs there were 2 cars that had a single DD9515 each, and 2 cars had some DIMAOND AUDIO 15", those things have massive XMAX ! but really, people were like "whoa.. elemental... your score, and you have one 12?" but the one kid with the DD9515 knew about all the underground companies!! we talkied lots about them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Thats the best ... "Elemental Desi...whaaaa?" ... or "Resonant Engin...who?"

Anyways, congrats again on the score.

- Steve

no. the only good subs there were 2 cars that had a single DD9515 each, and 2 cars had some DIMAOND AUDIO 15", those things have massive XMAX ! but really, people were like "whoa.. elemental... your score, and you have one 12?" but the one kid with the DD9515 knew about all the underground companies!! we talkied lots about them //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

infact the VW guy didnt have a DD9515 he had an older DD9015 he said the one guy in cavy did have the DD9515

not a bad score, I got my XXX 12 and RE35.1D up to a 149.0 on an Audiocontrol on the dash, legal score. Where is mic placement in SLAP? If you came down to Louisiana you would always be in the top 3 or 4 in the 0-15'' truck class of the whitlee shows. I actually like the way they have it setup even though its whitlee, they put you in vehicle and woofer class, power doesnt matter, thats the only drawback.

they put you in vehicle and woofer class, power doesnt matter, thats the only drawback.

yea if u don't can't take power in to consideration then its kinda gay. u need to consider everything. my comps today so i'm happy. i'll try to take some pics. don't expect anything fancy guys. HLLRZR13 will be there so i'm looking forward to meeting that dude.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.