weird sound coming from subs

slick rick
10+ year member

OG
its been happening on occasion before but now its constant. its hard to explain but ill try my best... the subs will make like bass even if the head unit is not on, as long as the car is on. so lets say im playing my music soft it will make like rumbling noises constanly. its like bass but not bass coming from the song. and if i turn the music off it still rumbles and now its so loud that ill have my H/u off and it will make so much bass i can hear the trunk rattle. i have a stock H/u in my 2k2 maxima. any ideas on whats wrong with my system? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the wiring is less than a year old and its monster wire 4 gauge so i doubt thats it. its wired in stereo so i dunno wtf is wrong. ive never heard of this happening before. no pun intended.

i used to have a problem liek that when i would turn my truck off my subs would thump 3 or 4 times then shut off i ran bigger ground wire an properly set my gains an it stopped.,

Well, my subs do that when i adjust the gains. I blew the low-pass crossover in my amp and if i don't adjust the gains together or if i set them too high they will emit a constant bass tone. Don't know if that's your situation, just thought i'd toss that out there.

Originally posted by slick rick how much does that cost and is it easy to install?

i think they have them down at wally world, i think about 5 or 6 dollars, but try what the other people said first before u spend the money on it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.