Ed O12 vs. RE SE 12 vs Adire Shiva 12

Miller
10+ year member

$
I've been checking out these subs and it looks like these are the three big companies that are quality and very unknown. Seems like the Ed 012, RE SE 12, and the Adire Shiva 12 are the three competitors for the $150 range. Just to get a little more info. on the companies whats your thoughts on which sub is better?

In SPL, the SE will take it easy, though it will not have the SQ of either the Shiva or the O. The O is not out yet, but Ben said it's pretty much a pure SQ driver.

ya I just recently heard of these companies. Like i'm sure you know. I'm just hoping the SE's take the competition. Have you heard the SE's and the Shiva 12's???

Originally posted by Miller ya I just recently heard of these companies. Like i'm sure you know. I'm just hoping the SE's take the competition. Have you heard the SE's and the Shiva 12's???
Yes. The SE's are more SPL oriented, but still sound good. The Shiva's are mainly SQ subs, but can still get pretty loud.

i'll prob go for hte SE or Shiva, what aobut the RC HC? it might be less than $200 if u ask them for direct price.

I like eD, but their expected shipping dates are horrendous, bad experiencec with that. SO if you want you sub pretty soon, go for Shiva or SE. If not, then the Os would be a good choice

basically what everyone else said,

shiva- cheaper, runs less wattage, SQ orientated

SE- little more expensive, handles more wattage, SPL (w/ good SQ) orientated

ED O- ??? I have had their products, and they are a very good company, so i'm guessing it will be a nice sub. You have to wait though..

Hey MGAIDICA do you have your 2 12" SE's in a sealed or ported box? What do you think I should do if I get 2 12" SE's? sealed or ported

hah its funny how he starts a different thread but gets all the same people responding //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

its still good info tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

and mgaidica put his SEs into both ported and sealed enclosures...

-nate

I wanna hook up a ported system, I got a ported box and everything but I'm afraid I might blow the subs. I have no idea what to do with this sub sonic filter crap. Is it worth the trouble of getting filters and stuff? I listen to pretty heavy bass and like it loud.

a subsonic filter may be bought seperately or the amp may have it. the JBL 1200.1 doesn't have the SSF, so you either buy a new amp with a SSF or seal the box, or buy an external SSF (

its not necessary to run a SSF, but if your a bass head and like to crank up the volume, i'd say you need one. without a SSF, expect about 25% reduction in mechanical power handling.

Originally posted by mgaidica there like $33 shipped (SSF). so its not a big deal...
if you're thinking of FMOD's..then i would suggest to stay away from them, unless you wanna buy couple of pairs. they were tested before by richard clark and the octave slope was less than the claimed "12db". anything less than 12db is worthless..u either have it or you don't have it. no in betweens...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif (at least the way i see it)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.