Weekend #1 Done

Participant count
  • Participant list

ObTechAudio

Senior VIP Member
Provo, UT
Well the '97 Integra - SoundQubed build has finally kicked off. I think I got pretty far for just a few days. The first photo just shows the interior completely ripped out. I know I **** at taking photos, so I have noting showing how much deadener and foam I put in this bad boy. I also leveled off the floor with a ton of bracing. If you bang the panels on the outside, all you will hear is a deep thud because of how packed each little space is. Anyways, from there, I built the single HDC3 18" wall. Is still isn't 100% sealed off, but will be getting the foam treatment any day now. Those little open spaces are killing my lows. It still gets low, but plenty of air escapes the cab at louder volumes. So far, 37hz is the magic SPL number I think ill be metering at. It's ruthless on a 37hz note. Anyways, these are just two quick photos so far and I'll upload more very soon. And yes... those are stock 6.5" ROFL haha... Please don't pay attention to the port either, because it looks awful but will get redone very soon. Probably another two more weekends for everything to be 100% done.

2ut0vo7.jpg

257ksih.jpg

So is this a wall that is also ported? Or is there a complete box? I was thinking about doing an infinite baffle setup with a 6" aeroport.
A completed box with a "false wall" for lack of a better term. With just the completed box loaded in, it was a mess with airflow and rattles. Now with the 90% sealed cabin false wall, I have 0 rattle issues and bass notes are soo much tighter. Like I stated above, my lows are suffering a bit with that little bit not 100% sealed off, but I'm hoping some foam can change that. From 37hz - 32hz it sounds amazing, but below that, it turns into a sealed box almost and hits with no authority and you can really feel where air is escaping. That being said, I sat in a car over the weekend that metered a 146 and my car sounds every bit if not a tad louder, so hopefully I can hit a 147 or 148!

A completed box with a "false wall" for lack of a better term. With just the completed box loaded in, it was a mess with airflow and rattles. Now with the 90% sealed cabin false wall, I have 0 rattle issues and bass notes are soo much tighter. Like I stated above, my lows are suffering a bit with that little bit not 100% sealed off, but I'm hoping some foam can change that. From 37hz - 32hz it sounds amazing, but below that, it turns into a sealed box almost and hits with no authority and you can really feel where air is escaping. That being said, I sat in a car over the weekend that metered a 146 and my car sounds every bit if not a tad louder, so hopefully I can hit a 147 or 148!
Ok, so there is a ported box and you're sealing off the edges to isolate the cabin. Good luck catching those decibles!

interseting why not go with 2 15's instead i mean if your gonna wall it go big
Simple answer... money was tight and I wanted a good setup. I had 2 sundown E15's in a fire up box with the port towards windshield and didn't like it as much. It was a budget build, so I wanted to up my system. I wanted to go with 2 HDC3 18's, but didn't have the extra $600-700 at the moment it would have required. So I'm settling with this for now, which is by far the loudest and cleanest system I've owned. Maybe by September I can add a 2nd HDC3 18 and upgrade to a Q1-3500... But I agree, go big.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.