Ways to ruin an amp???

tr10av
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Miami, FL
Can someone give me a list of things that would make an amp go into and stay in protect mode? I sold someone my amp that worked perfectly when I took it out of my car and now they just brought it back saying that it automatically goes into protect mode. Is it possible that while installing the amp he messed up the wires or something and ruined it?

go hook it back up in your ride to see if it goes into protect..............

if your buddy has a ground that is not good ,with the rca's plugged into the amp. it will make the amp go into protect.....

Can someone give me a list of things that would make an amp go into and stay in protect mode? I sold someone my amp that worked perfectly when I took it out of my car and now they just brought it back saying that it automatically goes into protect mode. Is it possible that while installing the amp he messed up the wires or something and ruined it?
Absolutely possible, however most amplifiers on the market today have built-in protection to save the amp should the speaker leads short.

Hook up Batt. power, ground, and remote turn on to the amp, if the protection light comes on . . . the amp is damaged . . . if not, he's has a bad speaker, shorted speaker wire, wrong ohm load, or wrong wiring.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.