Watch out for this Louisiana guy...

dleccord
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Sacramento
First off this is NOT regarding to our Louisiana CRX.

Here's the address of the guy. I'm posting this as a reference in case someone decides to do a transaction with him sometime in the future:

Easilyn Carter

168 Elaine Dr

Westwego, LA 70094

United States

The story:

He bought my MMATS D300HC off of eBay (with about 7 feedbacks, registered member of July 07). I sent him the amp. He has the amp for a little over two weeks. He tells me its broken when he got it. Files a chargeback and now today im officially negative 330 in my account since Paypal decided in his favor.

Anyways, he's shipping the amp back. My only hope is that it is my

amp and that he better not put a hole on the amp's board.

A suggestions to potential sellers out there:

- dont use Paypal when selling expensive ****, unless you personally know them, I was lucky until now; im def. closing my account once this is done.

- google your buyer/seller, if nothing comes up, i'd be smart and pass on that, even if you need the money bad; its not worth it.

That's all.

What a name, eh? Easily in Carter?? *** LOVER??

Anyways, this guy sounds like a real insult to my state... *****..//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rage.gif.0ad8a6e5565b5fddce406566fdd05149.gif

Update:

this guy made a new user name on ebay and he messages me and wants me to settle for $137 through money order and he will drop the claim on paypal. he said that the transistors were bad. im not amp repair guru but there wasnt any symptoms when i had it. funny thing is the tone of his words changed from hostility to plea.

rite now if i were to settle with this guy for $137, that means i wont have to owe him 330. but the thing is, what if he decides to pull a fast one on me. should i ask him to close the claim on paypal first? at this point, he has a few days left to ship me my amp or they'll drop my negative balance.

Update:
this guy made a new user name on ebay and he messages me and wants me to settle for $137 through money order and he will drop the claim on paypal. he said that the transistors were bad. im not amp repair guru but there wasnt any symptoms when i had it. funny thing is the tone of his words changed from hostility to plea.

rite now if i were to settle with this guy for $137, that means i wont have to owe him 330. but the thing is, what if he decides to pull a fast one on me. should i ask him to close the claim on paypal first? at this point, he has a few days left to ship me my amp or they'll drop my negative balance.
Do not make deals with him unless he intitiates a withdrawl of the claim first. He decided to take this action before consulting you on the matters.

have him close the claim and then do nothing. there is no way he'll be able to open the dispute back up. that is if you really feel he is pulling a fast one on you and taht you sent him 100% functional amp. having it for 2 weeks he should have known right away if it were blown. if i purchase something and it is going to be awhile before i install it i let the seller know that just in case there is something wrong with it.

but can he really close the claim now that paypal has decided in his favor? i mean it's past that point where we can negotiate.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

dleccord

5,000+ posts
CarAudio.com Veteran
dleccord
Sacramento
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies