warm dust caps?!

the only time i have ever smelled mine. i was doing a demo at a comp with the song "white girl by jezzy" at about 3/4 the way up, the low note heating my sub pretty good. i played the whole song before i really started to smell it. other then that i never smell it, it only really gets warm on the low-low notes(28hz) i hardly ever play below 37hz, when i do i manange my gain pretty well and watch my sub excursion
I hardly play above 37 hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

I've never personally been to a show either so it will be my first time too, honestly I would look at what they're having and seeing if you have the right equipment, I found out last week I needed 2 speakers playing on the outside of my car for bass boxing.
Haha nice man, i'll probably see you there then, unless it's a huge show.

I will have to look in to the requirements and what not for competing. I'm pretty sure my box is liek an inch above my window line too just cause of the way I built it lol idk if thats a rule or not, but I hear people talking about window line and siht all the time.

I'll most likely just show up and see whats good, hopefully someone there will be able to point me in the right direction.

lol theres not to many songs below 37 that i like lol... mine for some reason peaks at 52hz
You really have to search for them. I slow songs in the mid 30's to play in the high 20's. I slowed walk with a waddle by gorilla zoe to 29 hz from 35-36 hz iiirc. It slams dude.

You really have to search for them. I slow songs in the mid 30's to play in the high 20's. I slowed walk with a waddle by gorilla zoe to 29 hz from 35-36 hz iiirc. It slams dude.
ok so i play 35hz and up lol cus i do play that everynow and then. i just dont want to mess my sub up tho recones for my sub are not very expensive

ok so i play 35hz and up lol cus i do play that everynow and then. i just dont want to mess my sub up tho recones for my sub are not very expensive
My friend has a similar situation with his setup, actually on that exact song. Everything above 35/37 hz it doesn't get stinky or anything, but for some reason on the low notes, it gets really **** smelly.

OP, you need to chill. Warm is normal. The subs have to send the heat somewhere.
haha yea man I got that already. Thanks for replying though, i have put them through some serious bump sessions since then and they have never gotten over slighlty warm, so I'm not worried in the least atm.

Yes, but IMO you should be able to play high 20's and low 30's without getting stinky.
Well most of stuff I can there is just a few that make mine get stinky but here not ones that I listen to on a reg basis so I'm not worried. But like the OP I'm glad that some warm is normal.

My friend has a similar situation with his setup, actually on that exact song. Everything above 35/37 hz it doesn't get stinky or anything, but for some reason on the low notes, it gets really **** smelly.
i mean i think mine smells at those freqs because mine peaks at 52hz, however it kinda peaks at 42hz as well. i can hit the same db on TL, at 52hz & 42hz which made me wonder how but i can. the two freqs are only .1 or .2db from each other.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.