Wanting something different.

Participant count
  • Participant list
First off , I would like to say thanks in advance for any help. And then I want to say I'm sorry for doing another recommendation thread. Here's what I'm dealing with.

VEHICLE

2005 F350 4X4 6.0L CREW CAB

BIG 3 UPGRADE

270 AMP ALT

2STARTING BATTERIES AND 2 KINETIC 2400

OLD SYSTEM (SUBSTAGE)

BXI2600

1-21" IA Death penalty

9cu after displacements

100sq in port tuned to 35hz

I liked the setup it just wasn't enough spl for my taste.

Wow factor was there but I need more.

Last vehicle was burping 153 on tones and 150 on music in its daily driver musical box. Never metered the IA DP because I knew it wasn't up to par for my standards aND lets be real, it was a hifonics amp.. If I had to guess, I'd say it was doing a 146- on music..

Good news is I got rid of the amp and got one with more power. Not the best amp in the world but it will pretty close to rated power if the voltage stays where it needs to be.it's a Massive 8000D. Please assume that I have the front stage to keep up with new system. .5 ohm stable. Should be gettin around 4k give or take from it.

Looking for ideas to get back in the 150 range again with less than 1/2 the power that I had in my last vehicle with it still being somewhat musical and not a fart box if possible.

Would like to get recommendations for two different budgets

$2000 Budget for subs

$1000 Budget for subs

Wanting 4 12's or 15s that will pressure up well on 1000wrms each

Probably got 12 cubes or more to work with

Would prefer the 15s if the subs are known to shine in smaller ported boxes

I listen to any decent rap songs with strong bass line and metal.

If anyone had had unusually high scores using 1000 wrms subs please let me what you had success with and scores if possible

Was seriously considering four DD Audio 1508 and im not done with that idea I am definitely open to better options hence coming here and asking.

Some favorite manufacturers

RD Audio

DC audio

Dd Audio

Sound qubed

Re audio

Sundown

Treo, ect.

Open to any brand

Please shoot me out some ideas,

Let me know if you need some more info

I have 3 DD 9518's. That's enough cone area to equal slightly over four 15" subs and almost seven 12" subs. DD does recommend at least 5 cu. ft. per sub though. It's be in your budget range. I have them for sale on here.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.