wanting a good sound stage

Do you have a hu yet? That will play a larger role in the sound stage and imaging than the speakers and amp. If you don't have any of this yet, I would highly suggest you save up your money and you can always buy used to save some, but look to spend at least 200 for a used hu with t/a and a decent eq, 150+ for a decent set of speakers, and 100+ for a decent used 2 or 4 channel, you can get a good budget front stage for around 500

Some coaxial offer the convenience or pointing the tweeter up. To have the best stage without major modification, Dash placement may be better than pointing at the other door.
Any cheap set of components from Polk, JBL or infinity will give you acceptable sound if amplified and installed properly.

$250 for component and amp is not realistic unless you buy used. You can probably go with an old amp like INFINITY REFERENCE 475A CAR AUDIO STEREO 4 CHANNEL/CH 4CH CLASS AB AMPLIFIER/AMP | eBay

and a set of JBL GTO 608 C. for under $100.00 shipped that will put you at your $250.00 for both items. but to get a better stage you will have to install the tweeters like in this picture and also go with a head unit like Pioneer Stage 4 DEX-P99RS CD receiver/preamp at Crutchfield.com
lol 1,200 for a hu? thats worth more then my car lol what about the MB Quart ONX4.125 for an amp? i have 2 of the 1500's right now and there pretty decent amps for the money

Do you have a hu yet? That will play a larger role in the sound stage and imaging than the speakers and amp. If you don't have any of this yet, I would highly suggest you save up your money and you can always buy used to save some, but look to spend at least 200 for a used hu with t/a and a decent eq, 150+ for a decent set of speakers, and 100+ for a decent used 2 or 4 channel, you can get a good budget front stage for around 500
yes a have a hu the Alpine CDE-122 its got an eq and high pass filters and low pass filters and some other stuff that i dont quite understand

You'll probably be fine with that level of a HU, but you aren't going to be able to really create a sound stage or have any imaging with just a 3 band eq though and non t/a

lol 1,200 for a hu? thats worth more then my car lol what about the MB Quart ONX4.125 for an amp? i have 2 of the 1500's right now and there pretty decent amps for the money
lol. 3000 watts for subs, but a $250 budget for speakers and amp for the front. Do you actually want a sound stage, meaning you can close your eyes and hear a guitar 3 feet to your left and the singer directly in front and maybe some bongos or other instrument 10 feet to the side (hearing the music where the people would be positioned if it were live) OR do you just want it loud and clear to keep up with your subs?

lol. 3000 watts for subs, but a $250 budget for speakers and amp for the front. Do you actually want a sound stage, meaning you can close your eyes and hear a guitar 3 feet to your left and the singer directly in front and maybe some bongos or other instrument 10 feet to the side (hearing the music where the people would be positioned if it were live) OR do you just want it loud and clear to keep up with your subs?
Since he's pushing 3kw to the subs, i'm guessing it's the latter

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

go active, it's the only way

lol im just saving the other 1500 for when i can use it i got it for free //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hmmm.... maby i should rethink this whole sound stage thing iv been researching it and its a **** load of work and money i guess i didn't quite get it at first lol yea ill just go with latter any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.