Want to upgrade from SA-8v2's. Want more SQ. Need suggestions

[quote name='gamehawk55']I don't think my box is that big. Probably 1.25-1.50cft net tuned to about 35hz. I could try having a better box built. I've been in talks with Jason @mobileenclosures and he says he's not even sure if he could get a super tight response out of these 8v2's.

But I also want to be able to FEEL more of the bass too which is another reason I kind of want to switch to 12's

Box for my 8's is in my profile pic[/QUOTE]

Make's sense. Do you want an opinion from 2 guys who really know there stuff? @keep_hope_alive ; @TaylorFade ;

PM either of those guys. They are both BIG SQ guys. They can help you pick out something that will sound great.

I think the Dayton HOs are a great option!

[quote name='jockhater2']Make's sense. Do you want an opinion from 2 guys who really know there stuff? @keep_hope_alive ; @TaylorFade ;

PM either of those guys. They are both BIG SQ guys. They can help you pick out something that will sound great.

I think the Dayton HOs are a great option![/QUOTE]

Do you know anything about the Incriminator Lethal Injection series 12's? Seems like they might be an option too but not entirely sure. Vertex Audio sells them for $189ea which isn't too bad if he could give me a deal on the shipping to Canada.

Do you know anything about the Incriminator Lethal Injection series 12's? Seems like they might be an option too but not entirely sure. Vertex Audio sells them for $189ea which isn't too bad if he could give me a deal on the shipping to Canada.
I personally would order something off of Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components or Madisound Speaker Components: distributor of loudspeaker drivers and parts for speaker builders.

Nothing against IA. I bet they sound great. But you can order some really nice SQ subs from either of those sites.

Just browse around

I personally would order something off of Parts Express: the #1 source for audio, video & speaker building components or Madisound Speaker Components: distributor of loudspeaker drivers and parts for speaker builders.

Nothing against IA. I bet they sound great. But you can order some really nice SQ subs from either of those sites.

Just browse around
Not sure why you recommended Madisound they have almost NO selection to choose from. They have like 7 12" woofers on there lol

Not sure why you recommended Madisound they have almost NO selection to choose from. They have like 7 12" woofers on there lol
Then parts-express is your friend. If I were you. I would PM keep hope alive. He helped me pick out my front stage for my car and my mids/high amp. And he is going to help me install it. Very smart guy. He has a SQ honda accord build thread.

Then parts-express is your friend. If I were you. I would PM keep hope alive. He helped me pick out my front stage for my car and my mids/high amp. And he is going to help me install it. Very smart guy. He has a SQ honda accord build thread.
Yeah I'm gonna PM him right now and see what he has to say. splwj47 is also telling me that the DC Lvl3's are awesome subs for SQL as well.

Yeah I'm gonna PM him right now and see what he has to say. splwj47 is also telling me that the DC Lvl3's are awesome subs for SQL as well.
Any sub can be loud. The brands keep hope uses...I've never heard of..That's how you know its the good stuff LOL!

Just put a DC Level 2 10" in my Passat and I'm really happy with how it's performing on rock. It's punch, but overwhelming the front stage enough to detract from the comps I currently have installed in there. I can give you more feedback when I run it off rated power, but it already gets down on 300W really well and seems to handle transients extremely well. If you can swing the extra coin/power, I'd go with the larger magnet on the Level 3. Otherwise, I'd recommend a GCON or the Dayton HO. a single HO 12" DVC wired to 2 ohms should be more than enough for what you need. Of course, if you could swing your budget up a notch, I'd say the IA Death Row would also be a rock solid option so long as she gets 1K or higher.

Just put a DC Level 2 10" in my Passat and I'm really happy with how it's performing on rock. It's punch, but overwhelming the front stage enough to detract from the comps I currently have installed in there. I can give you more feedback when I run it off rated power, but it already gets down on 300W really well and seems to handle transients extremely well. If you can swing the extra coin/power, I'd go with the larger magnet on the Level 3. Otherwise, I'd recommend a GCON or the Dayton HO. a single HO 12" DVC wired to 2 ohms should be more than enough for what you need. Of course, if you could swing your budget up a notch, I'd say the IA Death Row would also be a rock solid option so long as she gets 1K or higher.
Currently I'm running a Audison LrX 5.1K (1150W @2ohms on the sub channel). I really don't want to swing my budget higher than $200per if I can help it. And if I do go with the HO 12's I will most likely get 2 of the SVC versions and wire them down to 2ohms on my Audison for about 600W each. I want to be able to get that fast response but at the same time be able to REALLY FEEL it and I'm not sure if just a single 12" is going to be able to do that. My Hertz ES300 12" hit pretty good but it wasn't crazy hard hitting. It got showed up BIG TIME by a couple of 10 or 12 inch JL W0's. Buddy demoed them for me in his Camaro and it hit SOOO bloody hard. He was a deaf guy so needed to have the hard hitting stuff and boy did he haha.

Skar....LMAO............sorry couldn't resist......I think he uses Hertz Mille
Last review I saw him make, he was running an Ultra A-12 in Infinite Baffle. That was the last part of his Accord build log

Skar....LMAO............sorry couldn't resist......I think he uses Hertz Mille
HAHA. nice. Yeah Hertz mille is def good sh**. Also WAYY the hel* out of my price range haha. But hertz is good stuff. The old ES300 I had years ago was nice. Till the VC got totaled by a small fender bender in -35c weather haha.

[quote name='gamehawk55']Currently I'm running a Audison LrX 5.1K (1150W @2ohms on the sub channel). I really don't want to swing my budget higher than $200per if I can help it. And if I do go with the HO 12's I will most likely get 2 of the SVC versions and wire them down to 2ohms on my Audison for about 600W each. I want to be able to get that fast response but at the same time be able to REALLY FEEL it and I'm not sure if just a single 12" is going to be able to do that. My Hertz ES300 12" hit pretty good but it wasn't crazy hard hitting. It got showed up BIG TIME by a couple of 10 or 12 inch JL W0's. Buddy demoed them for me in his Camaro and it hit SOOO bloody hard. He was a deaf guy so needed to have the hard hitting stuff and boy did he haha.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, I'm pretty impressed with the Level 2 10" on HALF of rated power. It will take significantly more than rated as well. Impact and punch has a lot to do with how your system is tuned as well. 600W would be perfect for a Level 2 and it'll run you under 200 shipped from @mylows10 ;

You do get a cone area advantage from a multi-sub setup, but how much of that G6's trunk do you really want to have an enclosure occupy? For ported, you'll want 1 cube or more for each sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.