Want to do it right install

Participant count
  • Participant list

Scottpatten198040

CarAudio.com Newbie
Denver
04 mdx stock head unit but changing out soon. I had a problem installing a line converter so i installed a add a amp harness to stereo harness to get signal to amp. I installed 5 1/4 pioneer 35 watt rms in front doors kicker D's 6.5 in rear doors 65 watt rms i think. For stock sub replaced with 10 inch kicker comp c 300watt rms all to kicker iq1000.5. problem is I ran speaker wire from speakers to amp but the front speakers I can't get to play from iq amp. But when I take the speaker wires out they play. I also added a pioneer 8701 mono for my dual 12's kenwood kfcxw120 sub in ported box. I also sound deadened the doors and cargo area. Looking for any tips. Or advice. I am thinking of installing aftermarket head unit and going with a 0-2awg power line.i have a distribution block for the power my mono amp is under driver seat 5 channel in cargo space. I bought a mono amp just because my kicker was getting way to hot and I don't want to blow it.

04 mdx stock head unit but changing out soon. I had a problem installing a line converter so i installed a add a amp harness to stereo harness to get signal to amp. I installed 5 1/4 pioneer 35 watt rms in front doors kicker D's 6.5 in rear doors 65 watt rms i think. For stock sub replaced with 10 inch kicker comp c 300watt rms all to kicker iq1000.5. problem is I ran speaker wire from speakers to amp but the front speakers I can't get to play from iq amp. But when I take the speaker wires out they play. I also added a pioneer 8701 mono for my dual 12's kenwood kfcxw120 sub in ported box. I also sound deadened the doors and cargo area. Looking for any tips. Or advice. I am thinking of installing aftermarket head unit and going with a 0-2awg power line.i have a distribution block for the power my mono amp is under driver seat 5 channel in cargo space. I bought a mono amp just because my kicker was getting way to hot and I don't want to blow it.
So I have my 2 subs going to pioneer

Sorry it's difficult to understand what you mean here specifically.
But when I take the speaker wires out they play.
Do you mean you've got no audio from the front speakers when using the amp, but when you're using the head unit they play? Or when you disconnect the speaker wires from the amp they suddenly start playing? Did you accidentally invent a perpetual motion machine or are they still connected to the head unit's high output?

deck to amp/s to speakers/subs

thats what you need to do

Yeah, I don't know what's up with your wiring, but when you don't trust the factory wiring just use your own. Get some Silicone coated tinned copper and you can route that anywhere with ease and it will hold up to the environment of a car very well. Check to be sure your amp's front channels work by swapping your rear speakers to them if need be, if they work on those it should work with the others so it's just a matter of wiring to get them power, maybe while you were messing with the stock wiring (generally not recommended) something happened. If your amp's channel is out make sure your LOC is properly hooked up to feed that channel signal. I'd also recommend reading through your amp's manual for anything you might have missed.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with your wiring, but when you don't trust the factory wiring just use your own. Get some Silicone coated tinned copper and you can route that anywhere with ease and it will hold up to the environment of a car very well. Check to be sure your amp's front channels work by swapping your rear speakers to them if need be, if they work on those it should work with the others so it's just a matter of wiring to get them power, maybe while you were messing with the stock wiring (generally not recommended) something happened. If your amp's channel is out make sure your LOC is properly hooked up to feed that channel signal. I'd also recommend reading through your amp's manual for anything you might have missed.

I got if figured out today I had the OEM harness plugged in and I had wires running from the speaker to amp so I disconnected the OEM plug and got it to work. I did order a double din head unit. I also grabbed some kicker comp r dvc 500 rms to give a little more bump. What is a really good 5 channel amp I really don't want the kicker iq amp anymore but I want to replace it with something similar in power and channel ? It runs all my aftermarket speakers in stock locations. Thanks for responding it's nice to get help or feedback . I'm fairly new I've made a lot of mistakes but I love it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.