Want More...

Gianotti
10+ year member

UNLIMTED POWER
im running 2 18 BTL's on 7k few batts HO alt, its gets pretty loud for me, other say im crazy but here on ca.com its a everyday thing. my question is what do you guys recommend on getting louder, i want it so loud and hard hitting in my truck that i wont be able to sit in it turned up. powers not an issue, i may add another

7k amp. but as far as woofers and boxes( sealed/ported) what should i do. i have a ext. cab tacoma. my 18's are in 12cubes half a wall now. im thinking of doin a wall, idk what to do though. i havent metered it yet im thinking low 150's right now. but its mostly for daily but i do compete alot so i dont mind giving up SQ or SPL. i wanna really feel it. its never enough i always want more. any suggestions?

If you still have some room to spare, double everything up. Add 2 more BTL's and another 7k. I woud think that should be loud enough for ya:laugh:

What do you compete in that you've never had it metered?

well i just put this in, i mean yea it does slam, some songs are better then others, i always want more. after sitting in assman's f-150 this past summer with 20 15's mines nothing, but then again for what i have its alot. my subs and port face up tuned to about 30hz. im gettin it metered soon, i did have 2 L7 15's off a 2500.1 did a 148.1 at usaci this past summer. i think after i get it metered and find my trucks freq. then i can get songs and play with the eq's and amps settings alittle more then ill prolly be happier.

Well there a few concerns. First if it isn't loud enough 4 won't be. then 8 wont' be it an never ending cycle. I have a feeling this is the first big install you have owned. The reason I say this. You realize the louder you go it isn't just about hearing. You have more weight in the truck. You also have a hell of a lot more current being pulled through the truck. Vibrations can short things out and "fire hazard" can become an issue no matter how good the install you might see your truck burn to the ground.(seen a lot of the mega loud monsters do it) A lot of the time it isn't even a loose wire it is something in the amp shorts out and catches fire due to vibrations. If you ever noticed MOST loud monsters are in older vehicles and that is for a dang GOOD reason. loud bass DESTROYS automobiles. If you double then you could start breaking your interior. rattle wires loose in the dash (i would NEVER NEVER NEVER use a newer vehicle for a daily monster) . If you have power windows may have window motors and switches go out. You are going to be more likely to have leaks from the doors. All kinds of electrical problems with the truck itself and the warranty most likely will be void if you have one left. SO one more time I am AGAINST doing that to a nice vehicle. But hey who knows. maybe a few had good luck with them. I just have seen too many loud monsters burn to the ground. Not worth taking the chance. go buy an old truck and paint it and throw it in there lol

Oh yeah thought of something else. if you seen assmans in person. Then you should have seen how bad the interior was being beat to death(watch the videos if you haven't, that is the only way I have seen his truck unfortunately)Honestly most monsters daily tuned and that loud like his are one to two season trucks unless you brace the HELL out of everything that would put you out of ever competition except bass race and extreme classes. the monster i am doing now I am going to do the maximum allowed for meca and if the truck seems to be taking damage I will yank it out of the lanes and make a daily monster and say F competition . And again you may think I am being hard but I am trying to make you see facts before you do this. i tried to tell our friend brock about doing it to his newer monte and he is like it will be fine. and already has had power window trouble and lost a windshield wiper. And already fried an amp and this has been within a few months and he doesn't typically listen to it full volume. That is two btl 18's and NOW a sundown 3000d. But he had two power ascoustik 3000db's in there

Well here's some practical things you can do to make your system louder and not buy anymore major equipment. See if you're constantly at 14.4V. If not, do more with the electrical system. The higher the voltage, the more power to the amps, the more power available for your subs to use. On to the sub box. i think it would be louder if the subs were facing up and the ports facing back. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that configuration would gain a dB or 2. Now to sound dampening. You have to cut the rattles inside the cab. The more rattle, the less sound pressure reaches your ears. Secure everything as best you can and keep parts from moving as much as possible. also make sure your sub box is bolted down to the frame and isn't moving at all. these "minor" adjustments should boost your listening experience

Oh yeah was reading it today again. Honestly too loud to sit in. that is all depending on your liking. I know people sit in tommy's. (loudest bass race vehicle in the world). he doing a 159 I think to music legal on the dash windows up on a lab. 24 12's and over 30,000 watts. But if you want to do it. if you wanna double subs do a MIN. of 25 cubes tuned around 35hz. should do double thick walls with tons of bracing. if you want to do two 7kw amps MIN should have 8 batteries and dual alts..

well after tunning alittle bit today and messing with my eq's i got it louder, and it made me happier, still want more, eventually gonna do something louder. just trying to get time and get it metered or just buy a TL.

buy a JACKHAMMER //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif get another 7k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
why are you always a dick?

/post dump

Edit:

Man. I want to see this.

What 7k's are you talking about?

I don't have any experience in this area; so, I'm just gonna observe.

I think he's talking about the Stetsom's.

Sounds like you got quite a bit of money to throw around as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

im not rich, but i kno what works, love to try new equitment and i still live at home, ( flame if you want, but i aint got sh*t for bills). but yea i use the Stetsom 7k, and its awsome btw i need to write a review about it. i can try and get some pix up for you guys in few days, i work 7days a week so its hard to do anything, plus its xmas time and everyone want a remote start...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.