Want more mid bass out of my front stage.

JDBoogie
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have heard of people using baffles, insulation and even bowls (plastic cerial type) on the back of their mids to get a little more mid range punch out of them. Anyone know if these things work or have any suggestions for how i can get more mid bass out of my front stage? I have "tweaked" my amp and HU but cant ge what i want. I am currently running the Dynaudio System 240 (kinda.. tweets and x-over are from the 240 set and mids are MW 162's).

putting anything behind your speaker like a bowl will kill your midbass. Deaden the doors and seal off the holes if possible with plexi

You should be able to get plenty of punch out of the MW162's.

As suggested, deaden the doors fully. Seal up any holes in the door, that way the door itself acts as an enclosure for the woofer. You should also invest in deflex pads for behind the speaker.

Also, you are only running a JL 300/4. That Dyn tweet and woofer can easily handle 200rms. I'm not sure if you are running the amp on all four channels, but if you are, you are probably only getting 50rms per side. An easy solution, without changing your equipment, is to run the amp in two channel bridged to your front components. If you still want some rear speakers, just run them off the headunit's amp. That will double your power to the front set.

Dyn's definatly require good power. Optimally, you would invest in a more powerful amp.

My doors are deadened but not "really" sealed..

I was gonna try bridging my amp this weekend. 150W to each side should be enough right??

Would going active off the amps x-over help any? Each component would get 75W.

My doors are deadened but not "really" sealed..
I was gonna try bridging my amp this weekend. 150W to each side should be enough right??

Would going active off the amps x-over help any? Each component would get 75W.
Seal the access holes.

Satisified? No?......

Bridge your amp using the passives for the mid and tweet

Satisfied? No?.....

Bridge your amp to the mids only and find another amp for your tweeters.

Yes, you'd need active 3-way capabilities in your HU to do this.

I have heard of people using baffles, insulation and even bowels (plastic cerial type) on the back of their mids to get a little more mid range punch out of them. Anyone know if these things work or have any suggestions for how i can get more mid bass out of my front stage? I have "tweaked" my amp and HU but cant ge what i want. I am currently running the Dynaudio System 240 (kinda.. tweets and x-over are from the 240 set and mids are MW 162's).
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Bowels behind the mids? Good luck finding a donor.
D**n. I guess that college education has let me down once again!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

Bridge your amp to the mids only and find another amp for your tweeters.

you'd need active 3-way capabilities in your HU to do this.
I can bridge my mids with my current amp and i have another small 50x2 amp somewhere.. My HU def doesnt have the ability to do 3 way active. How about if i add and external x-over?? I have been eyeballing the Arc audio IDX x-over. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i sealed off my doors and stuck the baffle out a little past the stock grills.. i get great midbass response sounds like i have sealed 8's in my doors

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.