Wanna make my car faster...what to do/buy?

Since we're on this topic. I'm also looking into buying a CAI. Someone posted a link with a CAI saying that it could give you a 8hp-15hp increase. Is that noticeable? or is it subtle? or not even noticeable at all? and is that a good price for the HP increase? $189 i think it was... Thanks. N do scoops on the hood help with cooling the air for the intake, n does it improve performance? especially for CAIs?

I suppose I mistook your comments for the majority of ricers which I am subject to put up with in my daily life. This includes the $40 **** cans that several ppl tack onto their car. Like I said, judging by your pic I expected something better, through your clarification, especially Flowmaster, I could take that back. However, there is certainly benefits to investing in proper diameter headers, pipes and mufflers (of course). With respect to the pipes, I didn't say get them chromed or lookin' show. It just seems that a lot of ppl think a intake is so crucial but get cheap on things such as pipes and proper sizing with regards to exhaust.
Your rather childish in saying I'm wasting my time, that sounded pretty tender, there's nothing wrong with varying opinions. Your car does appear to be very clean.

I understand you can't run 4" for the headers all the way back, you need some restriction in order to make power. Ricers are dumb I think we can all agree on that. I only have love for the ones that actually do something other than put a intake and exhaust on their car.

I didnt say you were wasting your time, I meant if your are gonna do something you might as well do it right.

Ok I dont have much experience with Computer Controlled vehicles, but from increasing HP on Quads, dirtbikes and such. What I would do if you plan on spending money is get a turbocharger on that engine, they are the most efficient thing you can do. You mentioned you looked them up at howstuffworks.com so you know this already. Now If you have a turbocharger open up that intake, what you need to do is dont worry about all these overpriced cold intake 'kits' and such and go and find a filter with the largest surface area that you can fit under your hood, Go with a round, take some furnace duct and put it around it, seal it off around the filter, then cut a hole in there enough for a good sized metal tube 4" should do it, then direct this tube to a place where it will be getting forced air from outside your engine bay. You now have the best intake you could probably do for usually under $100. Also do not go with K&N, as far as flow and filtration they compare to running no filter at all, too much **** goes through them. Instead go with a company like UNI and if you want paper theres Donaldson, WIX, Fleetguard etc etc. Now that you have your intake covered, and since you have a turbo, you dont have to worry about backpressure too much, so just run a good sized pipe going straight back on the system, if your worried about noise, get a straight through muffler. Also when running pipe, make sure to get all Mandrel Bends, Crimping = Stupid and bad. Now that you have the intake and exahust covered, your engine is breathing nicely. Well, this would be the point where you would have to fool your computer some how with a chip or whatever, I cant suggest much on this because I dont deal with computers. After you have fooled it and you are still power hungary I would go with an aftermarket camshaft, usually you will have the potential for better fuel economy, and will definately have more power for the price. Then I dont know much about NOS but I do know that it cools the air down and makes it dense which is good (your engine wants cool dense air for a more complete combustion) so if you didnt go too crazy and bought a system it is a very cheap HP upgrade. After this you should be making some descent HP and still driving everyday with good Fuel economy. But like I said, Im not much into gassers or electronics. On my truck everything is mechanical and there are a few such steps to take when upgrading and its not hard to triple the HP and TQ.

My best suggestion for you would be to find a forum like this that is dedicated to your Type of car and see what they are all running and their luck.

Good luck with your search.

hello i was wondering what all i can do to an acura integra gsr b18c1 engine to make it faster.

Get a chevy..... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Find a Forum where there is lots of other guys who have cars like yours, and they will point in the right direction. Most of the time the best mods are either yourself doing them or from a not well-known company. The big companies usually have the worst stuff, why else would they need to advertise?

haha chevy malibu...realisticly the only thing you can do is put alot of stickers on...every sticker adds like 10hp and 15ft.lbs of tq...you do the math...get a 3k civic...4k in turbo and mods gut the hell out of it and run 12's on slicks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.