Wall is done! Pics!

bump for:

what are flared ports?

would making the 3" ports 4" ports be worth my time and would it actually be louder?

Any other suggestions..

As far as the larger ports- thats really only important if you are competeing heavily. It doesn't do anything except tune the box tighter. The ports are so much larger they will tend to resonate at or only very close to their resonant frequency. In other words- you get a broader, shorter hump in output with small ports when compared to the skinnier taller hump with larger ports.

But the main thing is if it sounds good- if you can hear port noise or "chuffing" then they should be made larger. Otherwise they are fine, and like someone already said the only difference in sound will be eliminating port noise if present.

BTW, I am feeling the box man. Nice work. I really like the idea of still being able to put your **** in the trunk still. Nice design.
Thanks man! keep it comin! Eventually i'll carpet the box with the same color as the floor carpet.. But for now just waiting on next weekend to see how many dB it will do! Hopefully the epicenter I just ordered will do it's job and i'll do atleast a 145.6 or a termlab..

As far as the larger ports- thats really only important if you are competeing heavily. It doesn't do anything except tune the box tighter. The ports are so much larger they will tend to resonate at or only very close to their resonant frequency. In other words- you get a broader, shorter hump in output with small ports when compared to the skinnier taller hump with larger ports.
But the main thing is if it sounds good- if you can hear port noise or "chuffing" then they should be made larger. Otherwise they are fine, and like someone already said the only difference in sound will be eliminating port noise if present.
Thanks for the help bro, I do hear a little rattle in one of the ports but when I put my hand on it, the rattle stops.. So i think i'll be fine with a little extra silicone.. Thanks again!

the wall looks great.

and it would make it louder if you did up the port size.

for an enclosure that big you do need more port aera.

so go ahead and up those 3's to 4's

from the title on this thread i thought it was kenny's wall,but he doesnt have audiobans //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.