w6v2 sealed or ported??

i had mine in a sealed box

then i had 2 and put it in a ported box.

if you're more for sq put it in a sealed box.... people say they can "make" a ported box sound like its sealed.... i laugh at them and tell them to stfu..

since you have a 4runner, hummmmmmmm hard choice, i would say ported if you had a sedan and sealed if you had a hatchback........ HUMMMMMMMMMM ...

GO SEALED, you'll like the cleaness of it.. just get a nice looking box too, DO IT UP!

you can make a ported sub sound as good as sealed but you cannot take any sub and make it sound that way. usually low Qts, Qes, woofers can work well with ported enclosures and sound "tight" especially a sub with a little higher fs, like above 30hz. They generally have a higher f3 like in the mid-high 30hz region so it sounds more "tight". But low fs, high Q drivers put into ported enclosures usually exadurate low end and sound bloated and sloppier. W6v2 is one of these woofers, at least according to JL's specs, so I'd go sealed for best SQ with this sub, but generally I'm not satisfied with a single 12" sealed so personally I'd put it into a ported enclosure, and find another sub suited better for porting to get great sql ported.

If you want a super high quality "tight" SQ ported setup get a sub with low Qes/qts like less than .35

IDQ's are a great example of how "tight" subs can sound in ported enclosures, so are ID SPL series subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.