w6s cutting out at 2 ohms

truckbump44
10+ year member

hey guys im new here and i have a problem. i have 2 12w6s and there wired at 2ohms and there in a ported box with an alpine 800watt rms amp and they cut out at higher volumes and the gain isnt that high and all the other settings should be set right but at 8ohms they can be cranked but they bottom out bcuz they arent able to handle as much pwr at 8ohms what could the problem be i have no charging sys upgrades and 8 ga pwr wire and 9ga wire any feedback would be great

hey guys im new here and i have a problem. i have 2 12w6s and there wired at 2ohms and there in a ported box with an alpine 800watt rms amp and they cut out at higher volumes and the gain isnt that high and all the other settings should be set right but at 8ohms they can be cranked but they bottom out bcuz they arent able to handle as much pwr at 8ohms what could the problem be i have no charging sys upgrades and 8 ga pwr wire and 9ga wire any feedback would be great
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

You idiot, power is decreased at higher ohm loads.

i know its decreased at higher ohms thats what i said and the subs cant handle the pwr the amp pushes and its not goin into protect mode. so i thought about bigger wire but it would go into protect mode if it werent gettin enough pwr

Did you bridge them together with a capacitor?

this along with a bandpass bass booster XPLOD should make the windows mad slapin yo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.