VW Caddy for SPL from Ukraine !

when measuring, the corner of the door moves very strongly. Therefore, I decided to strengthen the angle, a metal rod, which will be connected in all planes

Attachments

• 61.jpg
    61.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 94
  • 50.jpg
    50.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 97
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    235.6 KB · Views: 98
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 108
along with the internal work, the exterior of the machine was also updated

Attachments

• изображение_viber_2021-10-07_014-38-18.jpg
    изображение_viber_2021-10-07_014-38-18.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 56
  • изображение_viber_2021-10-07_14-38-18.jpg
    изображение_viber_2021-10-07_14-38-18.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 58
  • изображение_viber_2021-10-07_14-38-20.jpg
    изображение_viber_2021-10-07_14-38-20.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 880.jpg
    880.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 69
Have you done anything with the door skin? I was friends with a serious competitor who added mass/structure to the inside of the door skins. He recommended cutting strips of 1/4" steel and gluing them to the inside of the outer door skin. Much more effective than deadener. 3M makes an adhesive that is often used to hold unibody car panels together instead of spot welding. This works very nice. I was going to do this on my next wall build. I bought the adhesive for the last build, and never got around to doing it.

If the doors are still the issue, could bolt or weld the passenger door shut. I saw a suburban build with the passenger door bolted shut. People just had to come in the driver's door for demos.

[QUOTE = "adjulbrich, сообщение: 8768675, участник: 661255"]
Вы что-нибудь сделали с дверной обшивкой? Я дружил с серьезным конкурентом, который добавил массу / структуру внутренней стороне дверных обшивок. Он порекомендовал вырезать полоски из стали толщиной 1/4 дюйма и приклеить их к внутренней стороне внешней обшивки двери. Гораздо более эффективен, чем деаденатор. 3М производит клей, который часто используется для скрепления цельных автомобильных панелей вместо точечной сварки. Это очень хорошо работает. Хорошо. Я собирался сделать это при следующей постройке стены. Я купил клей для последней постройки, но так и не успел сделать это.

[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

дверь была усилена прутом, по возможности металлическим.

Attachments

• 3351.jpg
    3351.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 55
  • изображение_viber_2021-08-30_09-07-45.jpg
    изображение_viber_2021-08-30_09-07-45.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 44
  • 54.jpg
    54.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 57
  • 58.jpg
    58.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 987.jpg
    987.jpg
    216.2 KB · Views: 58
why a bad car for spl? glass is already booked and the problem is solved

You have some bullet-proof glass coming or something?

Some vehicles (like Dodge Caravan) are known to hold windshield at up to around 170dB and I've seen a fair few 165s that do not break glass. It would be nice to NOT have to worry about breaking glass so early in your gains I think.

How is the weather in your region right now? It is starting to get cold here and my garage is used for work so I think all my gains will have to wait until springtime.

[QUOTE = "adjulbrich, сообщение: 8768675, участник: 661255"]
Вы что-нибудь сделали с дверной обшивкой? Я дружил с серьезным конкурентом, который добавил массу / структуру внутренней стороне дверных обшивок. Он порекомендовал вырезать полоски из стали толщиной 1/4 дюйма и приклеить их к внутренней стороне внешней обшивки двери. Гораздо более эффективен, чем деаденатор. 3М производит клей, который часто используется для скрепления цельных автомобильных панелей вместо точечной сварки. Это очень хорошо работает. Хорошо. Я собирался сделать это при следующей постройке стены. Я купил клей для последней постройки, но так и не успел сделать это.

[/ ЦИТИРОВАТЬ]

дверь была усилена прутом, по возможности металлическим.
Ok, so it was reinforced around the edges, deadened on the outer skin, and there's a square steel bracket on the inner skin. Is there a specific class you compete in, where you have to meet a certain criteria? If it's not a daily driver, I really do think making the passenger door fused to the body would be the next step.

You have some bullet-proof glass coming or something?

Some vehicles (like Dodge Caravan) are known to hold windshield at up to around 170dB and I've seen a fair few 165s that do not break glass. It would be nice to NOT have to worry about breaking glass so early in your gains I think.

How is the weather in your region right now? It is starting to get cold here and my garage is used for work so I think all my gains will have to wait until springtime.
The problem is that we have already broken 4 glasses. That is why we ordered an armored frontal

Even the method of glass fixing strongly depends. for those who have the glass attached through an elastic band, it can withstand more pressure. Our glass is glued from the factory and therefore sits more rigidly and cracks earlier

The problem is that we have already broken 4 glasses. That is why we ordered an armored frontal

Even the method of glass fixing strongly depends. for those who have the glass attached through an elastic band, it can withstand more pressure. Our glass is glued from the factory and therefore sits more rigidly and cracks earlier

Were you trying to compete in "extreme" class with this? What are your goals?

I am interested to see what your new number is when/if you can hold all the glass together.

The class in which we compete is extreme. The planned figure is 170+. At the moment, the figure is slowly growing, we are gradually adding power, and we are trying to get maximum efficiency from the design.

At the same time, we want to get an outwardly stock car, and from the street so that the changes are not visible.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...