vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
knowing what i know now, i would have done that after he refused to split shipping with me. i thought that i'd read multiple times that paypal will not honor any claims unless something was not delivered.
It depends on situation to situation. I bought an SNES on eBay and the seller stated it is in working condition. Then stated, it is sold as is as stated in the condition. I didn't get a refund even though it didn't work (turns out it was power supply and cost me $5 to replace).

I have a friend who received a phone that was fake, in other words, not as described, and he received a full refund.

OP u decided to be cheap and spend 300 on a used d3100 when you could have spent 50 bucks more and got a Brand NEW one shipped to your door!!! No risk, no nothing!!!

karma for you Mr.cheapo.

jk

***** to be you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Times are tough man //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif
I hear ya lol. 80 bucks will buy a lot of 1/0 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif

OP u decided to be cheap and spend 300 on a used d3100 when you could have spent 50 bucks more and got a Brand NEW one shipped to your door!!! No risk, no nothing!!!
karma for you Mr.cheapo.

jk

***** to be you //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
another thought i've had.

my excuse is that i was drunk when i sent the payment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

You're being a dbag for wanting to go back on ur word.

Seller is a dbag for sending u junk.

However, the seller is smart for not issuing you a refund. This way you are basically forced to ship him the dead battery or he can file a claim saying he sent you payment that you never honored via tracking.

Seller smarts > your smarts

I think you should just send the battery back (to cover yourself from paypal) and mark him as a bad buyer. You should not have ever told him you would ship it back if he refunded. You should have just gone through paypal in the first place.

I bought a battery that arrived as 'not described'... I notified the seller, he said he would refund me half. I said No and opened a claim.

Paypal decided in my favor in only 2 days..... just with me providing pics and Messages.

Paypal then refunded me FULL AMOUNT and asked me to ship it back, I called paypal the same day and talked to a very nice lady and explained to her that shipping a damaged battery in this condition would be hazordous to any shipping company.

She then overwrited the ship back policy and I got all my money back and now I have a Busted khc2400 that I have to take to a disposing facility.

Everyone says paypal are scammers, but if you do everything right and follow the claim rules, they are actually very helpful. They have saved my ass 2 times in my life and it didn't cost me anything

another thought i've had.
my excuse is that i was drunk when i sent the payment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Drinking and buying kills..........................................................your bank account.

Paypal probably won't be much help. They get involved when the item is "greatly different from the description" type of thing goes on. That took care of the "bag of shyt" being the ultimate rippoff. Or the condom instead of the JL1000/1 I seen a while ago.

Here's my thing. I Would still buy from the OP, even if he didn't send back or give any money in return. Sure he agreed to send it back and pay for shipping. But he pretty much had to to recoup some from a SCAM that was being played out on him. Sometimes you gotta outfox the fox. The seller straight up HID pertainant information that absolutely went against the description of the item being sold. Period.

However, the seller is smart for not issuing you a refund. This way you are basically forced to ship him the dead battery or he can file a claim saying he sent you payment that you never honored via tracking.

I think you should just send the battery back (to cover yourself from paypal) and mark him as a bad buyer. You should not have ever told him you would ship it back if he refunded. You should have just gone through paypal in the first place.

I bought a battery that arrived as 'not described'... I notified the seller, he said he would refund me half. I said No and opened a claim.

Paypal decided in my favor in only 2 days..... just with me providing pics and Messages.

Paypal then refunded me FULL AMOUNT and asked me to ship it back, I called paypal the same day and talked to a very nice lady and explained to her that shipping a damaged battery in this condition would be hazordous to any shipping company.

She then overwrited the ship back policy and I got all my money back and now I have a Busted khc2400 that I have to take to a disposing facility.

Everyone says paypal are scammers, but if you do everything right and follow the claim rules, they are actually very helpful. They have saved my ass 2 times in my life and it didn't cost me anything
sure he could do that... but by the same token, i could also file a claim on the original transaction, and provide them with all of the pm's showing exactly what happened. i'm hoping to come to an agreement with the seller and avoid all of this messiness.

OK if he didnt send it bad on purpose you should pay for shipping. He had to pay to ship it to you but if he refunds you the 300 bucks then he still is out like 40 from shipping

if u agreed then u should do it.
100% you would be renigging if you didn't follow through with what you said you would do. If you were having these thoughts you should have not told him you would pay the return shipping. You also had the ability to go through Paypal if he wanted to play hardball. However I would let it be known in the feedback thread exactly how you feel. In the past, I have sent out UL12s, namely to Skater, and one had a problem, I sent him an replacement, and paid the shipping for the replacement, and the return shipping on the bad one. Personally he seller should pay the shipping, IMO

Very nice. Should have done this. Glad to see the protection actually working out for someone. They have never helped me out, thankfully I haven't had a problem with anything costing more than $30.

sure he could do that... but by the same token, i could also file a claim on the original transaction, and provide them with all of the pm's showing exactly what happened. i'm hoping to come to an agreement with the seller and avoid all of this messiness.

Then do this:

Refund his 300 he just send you via PAYMENT.

Then ask for an actual REFUND.

If he says yes: You ship the battery back

If he says no: Open PayPal claim and see what they say

So let's look @ it like this:

Paypal Claim is risky because you COULD lose. AND if you DO WIN - you still have to ship it back

Seller issues a refund of original payment and you ship the battery back.

Hmmmm...Looks like an easy decision to me. The Seller is protected here, either way you are going to be shipping that battery back or ruin your reputation here. You should have never agreed to ship it back. Eat your mistake and ship it.

Anyway, Maybe you could work out something cheaper/better for both of you. Can't you get a new battery for about 45 bucks at walmart? You could send him 45$ to buy a new batt, sell the bad one for 30$ish and then you'd be out way less moneys!!! And he would have a new batt for jumping and wouldn't be able to scam anyone with the bad one, NOT IMPLYING THAT IS THE PLAN, just stating that as a positive thing.
This is the best solution imo. If he refuses this then I say he plans on re-selling the battery and scamming someone. OP should've never agreed to pay full shipping since you didn't do anything wrong. That was your big mistake. If the seller refused to even pay half of shipping then he's a douche. Hopefully everything gets worked out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies