vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
you hold the power now.. ask him if he wants it first.. if he doesn't go get money off it and give that to him..? so he makes 25+ off his dead battery.. instead of paying to have it returned by either of you

did he not originally tell you that the battery was drained at one point?

if so, the person selling you the battery should AT LEAST pay for half shipping. You paid for a 100% functional battery, not a half-wasted one.

this
and dont those places only pay like 25? i think that is what i was offered on my old hawker 2150?

very true too. yeah it will **** but if you did agree, it should be done
This.

I think I got paid $40 for my old battery when I bought my Gold.

right, but he basically said i couldnt have any money back unless i agreed. i was supposed to say, "well, i'm not going to pay all of the shipping, and you won't pay half, so go ahead and keep my 300 bucks and ill keep this worthless piece of ****?"
this is why i'm conflicted. i have always gone out of my way to keep a good name for online transactions, but this was a sticky situation. if the majority of the vote says to ship it as i agreed, i will do so.
i hear you and id be pissed too. but think of this.... is ur rep of online sales worth 80 bucks?

if so, the person selling you the battery should AT LEAST pay for half shipping. You paid for a 100% functional battery, not a half-wasted one.
Your mom is half-wasted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Also: I think OP shouldn't be out any money. If it was advertised as a 100% fully functional battery, then all of the foul should be on seller for not researching his own items well enough. So, return if seller agrees to pay shipping, and I even think seller should pay for shipping to your house, unless that was included in the sale "I.E. X amount shipped." Rather than X amount + ship.

Your mom is half-wasted //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
i dont get it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

no, he said nothing of it having been drained until i wrote him saying that it only showed 11.95 volts.

it was sold as a same as new battery.

you hold the power now.. ask him if he wants it first.. if he doesn't go get money off it and give that to him..? so he makes 25+ off his dead battery.. instead of paying to have it returned by either of you

This would be a good option as well, no point in shipping a useless batt, especially incase he tries to sell it again to someone else.

no, **** that. he sent you something that is wrong, mislabeled, broken etc., so he should pay for it all.

if i were to send you something that was wrong, i would expect to pay to have it shipped back, because it is my fault that i sent it. why should u be out 80 cuz someone else ****ed up? that pisses me off...u shouldn't even be having that conversation.

This would be a good option as well, no point in shipping a useless batt, especially incase he tries to sell it again to someone else.
this was another thought i had. he said that he wanted to keep it to use for jumping purposes.

but again, i think it was an honest mistake on his part. he seemed very willing to make things right once i sent him proof it was bad, aside from the return shipping.

so wait the 300 he returned you was that all you paid including original shipping? or did you pay 300+ shipping?
no, i paid 300 shipped. the return shipping will be roughly 75 bucks, plus 10 from the paypal fees out of the 300 he returned to me.

no, he said nothing of it having been drained until i wrote him saying that it only showed 11.95 volts.
it was sold as a same as new battery.
will leaving lights on all night kill that big of a battery.. especially a practically new one? i honestly don't think so.. if he wants it back he pays shipping.. otherwise he gets all of the money for it that you get from it from a store..

no, i paid 300 shipped. the return shipping will be roughly 75 bucks, plus 10 from the paypal fees out of the 300 he returned to me.
so you lose 100 bucks for his undisclosed issue until it was brought up.. thats not how it works.. you didn't kill it thats obvious..

this was another thought i had. he said that he wanted to keep it to use for jumping purposes.
but again, i think it was an honest mistake on his part. he seemed very willing to make things right once i sent him proof it was bad, aside from the return shipping.
good for him. it only further proves my point. if he wants it, he can pay shipping. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies