vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters

Lil Poot
5,000+ posts

you sturrin at me brah?
Wichita KS
i was recently involved in a classifieds purchase on this site of a powermaster d3100 battery. the seller will remain nameless unless he wishes to post. (i'm giving him the link to this thread)

the deal was 300 shipped for a used d3100. he stated in his for sale thread that it had been used for roughly 3 months, powering a sundown 3k as the second battery, with a 250a alternator, and that it performed the same as new.

when i recieved the battery, it showed only 11.95 volts. i let the seller know, and he says "oh yeah, i left my lights on overnight and discharged it completely, but i charged it before sending it out and thought it would be ok."

i gave it a full charge and took it in to 3 local stores, autozone, o'reillys, and advance auto to have them test it, and all of the tests came back bad. i let the seller know, and he said he wanted proof, so i went to a local ford dealership and got video of an employee there testing it, where it showed only 828 CCA (its a 1400 cca battery) and roughly 40% battery life.

after sending him the videos, and a picture of the printout for the test results they gave me, he was very accomodating, and said that he would refund my money as soon as he had a tracking number. mind you, he's only been a member here for a couple of months, has 2 feedbacks, and about 130 posts, while i've been a member for almost 4 years and have had something like 30 positive transactions, many as a seller. i said that's not the way things work, and that he'd have to refund my money first. he says he will do so, but that i have to pay the $75 myself to ship it back to him. i offered to split the return shipping with him, and he refused. he took a firm stance, saying that i would have to pay the shipping in full, so i agreed since i was holding an 80 lb paperweight and he was holding my 300 bucks.

again, i DID say that i would pay for the shipping in full. however, i did and still do feel it is completely unfair for me to be out 85 dollars (10 in paypal fees) for the priviledge of lugging his heavy ass battery around to 4 places with 2 bad knees (i had surgery on both about 6 months ago, and they've been killing me since, i dont do well with carrying around heavy stuff) to confirm that he sent me junk.

but on the other hand, i do not believe that he intentionally sent me a bad battery, and aside from the shipping issue, he handled the situation well once he found out that it was a bad battery, even though he should have checked it for himself before shipping.

i'm conflicted, and at the moment i have both my money and the battery, so i'm going to leave what i do up to the greater wisdom of the forum. vote for how this should be handled.

No poll?

I say empty your paypal so he cant reverse his payment and tell him he has a week to pay you the return shipping or you will recycle the battery (some places pay for dead batts)

No poll?
I say empty your paypal so he cant reverse his payment and tell him he has a week to pay you the return shipping or you will recycle the battery (some places pay for dead batts)
this

and dont those places only pay like 25? i think that is what i was offered on my old hawker 2150?

if u agreed then u should do it.
very true too. yeah it will **** but if you did agree, it should be done

if u werent willing to do what u said then u should have never said it/

A DEAL IS A DEAL
right, but he basically said i couldnt have any money back unless i agreed. i was supposed to say, "well, i'm not going to pay all of the shipping, and you won't pay half, so go ahead and keep my 300 bucks and ill keep this worthless piece of ****?"

this is why i'm conflicted. i have always gone out of my way to keep a good name for online transactions, but this was a sticky situation. if the majority of the vote says to ship it as i agreed, i will do so.

well like you said if you don't ship it back you got a 300 dollar paper weight. since you said youd ship it, do that and take the refund.

if u agreed then u should do it.
since you said you would. SADLY you should.

even though it shouldnt be on you 100%

without causing any issues i will say

ive discharged batts countless times and recharged them with no issues like that.

sounds like it may be older than stated or just a bad one

Add another option for smacking the **** out of him. These ******* that sell junk on here are getting more and more common. What's it take to have some ****ing honesty?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies