vote on classifieds situation

How should this be handled?

• Total voters
You made a deal. If you dont stick to it, you essentially scammed him, by tricking him into something he had not agreed to, and that was not put into motion by an authoritative force such as paypal or your bank.

You made a deal. If you dont stick to it, you essentially scammed him, by tricking him into something he had not agreed to, and that was not put into motion by an authoritative force such as paypal or your bank.
I agree although you shouldn't have caved so easily.. you shoulda talked it out and escalated to paypal if he didn't want to play ball.. they woulda refunded you since it was completely not as described

why hasnt the seller said anything?

I wouldnt send it back.

As others stated, "if it was a store they make you pay to send it back".."paypal would make you pay to send it back"

ya, but they also send out a replacement and they pay shipping.

So tell the seller, send my another bat, that is working for the same 300. When the new good bat comes, then you will send the old one back.

Thinking about that logic...

He sent you the $300 (bat) so ya, pay to send it back.

live and learn.

But if FI15...wants to sell on here again with confidence, he should offer half as a good faith move.

he paid once to ship it..regarless if it worked or not, you should pay once to ship it..

So it realy is 1/2 and 1/2.

ok, ive added my 2 cents.

well since the poll results are for me to pay shipping in full, i doubt he'll turn it down.

and i wouldnt really say that he already paid half shipping since he shipped it once. i bought the battery for 300 shipped, so he got 225 for the battery and used 75 of my money to ship it the first time.

right, so hes gonna be out 75, your gonna be out 75. Its a lose lose situation.

Should asked for pics of voltage or load testing first.

I voted for 50/50 for your situation. If it was me I would have had a talk w/ paypal and his local police department for holding my money hostage.

if you were coerced into agreeing to pay return shipping to receive your money back on a falsely advertised item then the verbal contract you entered into is not valid. It is the law, if you are coerced or feel like you were pushed into agreeing to something the contract whether written or verbal is no longer or was it ever valid. all of these idiots talking about since you said it you gotta do it are ignorant. let them be in the same position and i bet not 1 of them would feel the same way. if the seller wants his battery back he is responsible for any costs needed to do so. if you buy a faulty product from a local company do they charge you for their mistake of selling a bad product?? NO and neither can the piece of **** seller in this case.
Oh **** son. Please tell me that you are not in law school. Hopefully you just scanned a Wiki article or overheard some law students talking in the library.

why hasnt the seller said anything?I wouldnt send it back.

As others stated, "if it was a store they make you pay to send it back".."paypal would make you pay to send it back"

ya, but they also send out a replacement and they pay shipping.

So tell the seller, send my another bat, that is working for the same 300. When the new good bat comes, then you will send the old one back.

He sent you the $300 (bat) so ya, pay to send it back.

live and learn.

But if FI15...wants to sell on here again with confidence, he should offer half as a good faith move.

he paid once to ship it..regarless if it worked or not, you should pay once to ship it..

So it realy is 1/2 and 1/2.

ok, ive added my 2 cents.
THIS

if you were coerced into agreeing to pay return shipping to receive your money back on a falsely advertised item then the verbal contract you entered into is not valid. It is the law, if you are coerced or feel like you were pushed into agreeing to something the contract whether written or verbal is no longer or was it ever valid. all of these idiots talking about since you said it you gotta do it are ignorant. let them be in the same position and i bet not 1 of them would feel the same way. if the seller wants his battery back he is responsible for any costs needed to do so. if you buy a faulty product from a local company do they charge you for their mistake of selling a bad product?? NO and neither can the piece of **** seller in this case.
Actually, good point (Good job pointing it out WSW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif). I recall this when taking business law. Been 2 or 3 years since that class. That said, the buyer has the ability to file the claim. The ball is in your court. I'm all for fairness and doing what is right. In this case, this is a valid reason. It doesn't seem to me that the OP is making it up either, because they wouldn't have created this thread to begin with.

I actually suggest taking it up with paypal. You still have that opportunity. DO NOT wait. If he defends himself stating you agreed on paying the shipping back, you can respond with saying you felt like you had no other choice and were being forced. Then state a contract is no longer valid as scarolinablazin stated. I'm pretty sure you can find the formal and proper language.

Afterwards, as someone else mentioned, state to Pay Pal how shipping a faulty battery is hazardous and you didn't feel comfortable doing it in the first place and only agreed to because the seller wasn't going to refund your money and again, because you felt you were forced to make that decision.

Actually, good point (Good job pointing it out WSW //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif). I recall this when taking business law. Been 2 or 3 years since that class. That said, the buyer has the ability to file the claim. The ball is in your court. I'm all for fairness and doing what is right. In this case, this is a valid reason. It doesn't seem to me that the OP is making it up either, because they wouldn't have created this thread to begin with.
I actually suggest taking it up with paypal. You still have that opportunity. DO NOT wait. If he defends himself stating you agreed on paying the shipping back, you can respond with saying you felt like you had no other choice and were being forced. Then state a contract is no longer valid as scarolinablazin stated. I'm pretty sure you can find the formal and proper language.

Afterwards, as someone else mentioned, state to Pay Pal how shipping a faulty battery is hazardous and you didn't feel comfortable doing it in the first place and only agreed to because the seller wasn't going to refund your money and again, because you felt you were forced to make that decision.
Well, the way you framed it is more accurate than what the moron blazin was suggesting. If the agreement is void, then the OP would need to send the $300 back to the other guy and then pursue other remedies. He can't just allow the other guy to perform his part under that agreement and then claim that he doesn't have to do his part. If he did that, he would not really be taking the position that the agreement was void but rather that he could modify it to terms that were not so "coercive." IMO this is way more convoluted than it is worth.

What you really have is a settlement agreement. By their nature, settlement agreements are always the product of some type of economic "coercion" -- and yet they are vaild.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

Lil Poot

5,000+ posts
you sturrin at me brah?
Lil Poot
Wichita KS
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies