Volvo s40 sub/aux in

Participant count
  • Participant list

Ian_Reese

US
Hi. I'm new to the forum so sorry if this is in the wrong place. ive got a 2007 Volvo s40 and from what i understand you cant remove the headunit without losing climate functionality unless you replace it with a specialized unit like the Bluepower [http://www.bluepower.se/en/product/audio-video/car-stereo/custom-players/volvo-c30s40v50c70-headunit-arm.htmlunit and i dont realy want to over $600. i dont know how i would go about installing a sub or an aux in. I'm currently just using a FM transmitter but the quality is sub par. does anyone have experience with these cars? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

Just did this exact car on Saturday... ended up being SUPER easy.

Need the Metra EU10 and EU20 Antenna Adapters and the iSimple IS32 kit.

If you pull back the carpet on the drivers side of the center console there is a junction for the antennas, you will need to shave down the Metra Adapters but it works fine.

I also popped off the trim piece that the CIG lighter is attached to. That cig lighter is 12v ACC so you can tag power there. I also flush mounted the controls for the IS32 there as well. Ran the antenna wire down the center console to the antenna junction, stuff everything back under the trim panel for cig lighter and put it back together.

Maybe sounds more complicated than it was, took about 45 minutes, if I did another it would probably only take 20.
2cac1465290622553ef167c91cdeb6dd.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.