Volume/Voltage Drops

Participant count
  • Participant list

wanna
10+ year member

Seattle
I'm experiencing periodic volume dips, seems to happen most times when I apply breaks or use power windows.

I recently switched amplifiers from a Kicker 50RMS x 4 to a Profile 80RMS x 4, gains set to 30%, volume at 60%, this didn't happen with the Kicker.

This seems unusual because I am only using 2 channels for front components (60RMS). Yet, this seems to be draining the electrical system, it's an 89 Civic (60Amp alternator).

I've read about others operating more gear with stock electrical. Could there be a problem with the amplifier?

Advice appreciated!

if you're only running just that one amp and all its powering is a pair of components im pretty sure it should NOT be doing that at all or even close to doing that. i say this because that should not be a big load for the alternator. i have a stock alt and i have a an mtx1501d AND a hifonics nx600.. running a total of about 1000 watts.. i have a 60-amp alternator also.. ive got an acura.. i think the amp could be faulty or messed up somehow.. or something wrong with your alternator?

I think there is something wrong with the amp. Im pulling more power off my alternator which i know is smaller. I dont even get lights dimming. So i say there might be something wrong with the amp.

When the car is in park, everything is fine, no voltage drop. This only happens when the car is in drive. I was hoping that it wasn't the amp, I'll do little more testing.

I just switched back to the Kicker amp, and no volume drops. Perhaps it might be a problem with the Profile amp, I'll send an email to the company for solutions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.