Volume turns off every time I let off brake??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Morgane1014

So I recently bought an aftermarket radio for my 2013 Hyundai Elantra. It's a touch screen radio when I previously had just a standard one. I swapped out the radio yesterday and it was fairly simple, just plug and go as the radio was made for the car. Everything works perfectly when I am in park, but as soon as I put it in reverse or drive and let off the brake, the volume immediately turns all the way down to off. It will not allow me to listen to anything while driving, I am completely at a loss on how to fix this problem. Any suggestions?

I am sorry to laugh at your problem but this has been one of the most random ones I have seen.

1. Does the head unit turn off when you let off the brake or just turn down the volume?

2. Does it turn on when you start the car and not have your foot on the brake?

3. Does the sound go away instantly when you let off the brake?

It sounds like this is a factory head unit from another Elantra, like an upgraded model? Is that right? Might want to check out some Elantra forums and see if other people have done what you did. It could be your factory harness is missing certain wires that the upgraded head unit may need. This smells kind of like the parking brake bypass kind of issues with aftermarket stereos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.