Volume necessary.

Participant count
  • Participant list

nbellowe
10+ year member

Hi guys, I'm new to the scene, and just needed some advice. I am planning on buying this --

amazon com/P126DVC-Phantom-12-Inch-Subwoofer-4-Ohm/dp/B0032FOKQA/

, and building a box for it. Is about 2 cubic feet enough? Also, what are the advantages of ports vs vents? Is there a difference?

Never heard of phantom before, but as for sealed vs ported, check out.
What's your budget and what are you trying to achieve? And welcome! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Thank you for the quick response!! I do understand the difference between sealed vs ported, I was wondering the difference between ported vs VENTED. Is there one?

What would you say is a standard volume for a 15-er with about 1000 watts RMS?

Thank you for the quick response!! I do understand the difference between sealed vs ported, I was wondering the difference between ported vs VENTED. Is there one?
What would you say is a standard volume for a 15-er with about 1000 watts RMS?
There is no standard volume for subs. I depends on the sub, music, car, power, etc.

I just purchased something different, but it hasn't shipped! Thank you so much for the help.

I have an Acura MDX 2004. I would like to keep at least one of the rear seats in. Right now I have 2 Alpine E-12's (the white ones that are like 6 years old). They were good in there day, but one has to be rebuilt, and there worth like 10 bucks a pop, so its not worth it. I have a 1000 watt RMS (4 ohm) mono amp. It can also be run at 250 watts x 2 RMS 4 ohm. I was planning on wiring two of these babies -- (www pioneerelectronics com/PUSA/Car/Subwoofers/Champion+Series/TS-W309D4 It wont let me link, sorry.) -- at 4 ohms. It would be in a dual 12 inch 2.5 ft^3 box that could be sealed or ported, but I would have to design the pipe for a port (don't know the technical name), as it only has a hole right now.

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

Also, I got a steal on those subs (100 for a pair of two, shipped!)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.