Voltage drops

Participant count
  • Participant list

Phoenix Risen
10+ year member

OG.... Original Ginger
heres the deal, im running a mbuart dsc1500.1 and an ap 20004 in my 2008 tiburon, ive done the 1/0 big 3 and power wire to be back to my kenetik hc 1400, all the grounds are solid, but when i put the power to it the voltage drops down to around 12.5 at the front and back batt. and its charging at 14.7 at idle with the system off

you could have ten batts and your voltage is still going to drop after a few minutes of bumping if you are drawing more than your alt can put into the ten batts right unless ofcourse you have the magic batteries that make there own power. lets say you have the two best batts ever made in the entire history of batts and they are in your car hooked up to a 100 amp alt and your pulling 110 amps at average with your system at 3/4 volume the voltage will drop and keep droping. this is not rocket science just plain simple math i just dont get why people cant get it. there are no magic batts there are people who dont understand what they see though. you dont nessisairly have to buy an expensive H/O alt you can just get a second alt for around $30 at the junk yard and run two alts. tiburons have plenty of extra room for a second alt.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.