Voltage drops and sticks

Funny when I researched ho alts. Mechmans recommendation was to cover the sensor to ensure full voltage output. I can go out to my 13 truck right now cover the sensor an voltage will go from 12.5-over 14. But my truck is probally just special I guess.

[quote name='bigfluke 773']It could be your pcm. I don't if you have one but if you do you will need a sensor to bypass it.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='noble brown']@bigfluke 773, can I just jump out the sensor? I guess my lights would be on all the though huh?[/QUOTE]
Google auto headlight bypass.

Using a 1.5k resistor between the bcm and the ambient sensor.

This will force you to use the manual light switch.
Your running lights will stay on till you turn the headlights on.

The BCM is under your steering wheel or under the truck.

Sent from my Z970 using Tapatalk

[quote name='noble brown']@bigfluke 773, can I just jump out the sensor? I guess my lights would be on all the though huh?[/QUOTE]

Search Google for a bypass. I'm sure there's one out there. There's quite a few for hondas. if you run your headlights 24/7 means more voltage drop. Not sure what you're running though.

You're pretty limited with a stock alternator. When you were banging did your voltage climb? If it got worse, you got other problems. You could try tricking the pcm by turning on the heat or A/C but that only worked on HO alts. It never really did anything on a factory.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.