voicecoil wiring options

I have two quick questions. What's the smallest gauge wire I can get away with for my 15" Brahma (terminal to 1st +/- then to 2nd +/-). Second, should it just be one wire run from the terminal, through the first positives and negatives to the second set, or should it be one wire from the terminal to the first set, then another wire from the 1st to 2nd set? Thanks for any info.

Any one can post how to wire this amp to 2 subs for max power??

Audiobahn A4801T 4-channel amp and two AW1206T 12" subwoofers

A4801T 4-channel amplifier

150 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (250 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)

500 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)

AW1206T subwoofers (pair)

dual 4-ohm voice coils

frequency response: 20-500 Hz

power handling (each): 50-1100 watts RMS (2200 watts peak power)

what are my options on wirering a quad 1 ohm woofer pm me as of now i have them ran on two amps that put out 750 by 2 @ 1 ohm stereo i have each coil ran seperate but the problem with this is both amps must be set exactly the same or it will cause problems so i was wondering what other options i have because i dont have the equipment to set them as exact as they need to be pm me any input thanks

Q: how can i wire 4 2ohm DVCs to get 1 ohm?? i have 2 crossfire Ps and i want to run them at 1 ohm for my the BMF 1000 i'm about to buy. otherwise i'll have to run them at 2 ohms and then i could get more power at Best Buy.

Sub 15inch RF HX2:

Voice coils 2-2ohms at 500 w each

If i have an amp that puts out 1000w at 2 ohms is it possible wo wire my sub so it gets the 500w per channel? at 2 ohm?

Also how do i wire it for 1 ohm?

wire all the + coils to an ignition source.

wire 2 of the - coils to the batt + post

wire 2 of the - coils to any bolt of screw on the chassis

and wire the last 2 - coils to the remote wire from the HU.

don't believe me? Check the sticky.

Thanks alot for the info, I have a questions about the (1) 4 ohm dvc speaker = 2 ohm load. Ok bear with me I drew this up and scanned it on to my computer but couldn't figure out how to insert on this thread so I'll do my best. in your picture it tells you to put from your speaker output on your amp the + to one voice coil and the - to the other voice coil. would it matter if you put the + and - just on one voice coil or does it have to be exactly like the picture.

Thanks alot I hope someone can help me!

Hey guys I have a question. I have 2 JL 10w3's, they are both DVC but one is 2 ohm and the other is 4 ohm. How can I wire these up to a sony xplod 1200 amp. The amp specs are :

200 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms

250 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms

500 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm

Is this amp ok for these subs? Please help me figure this out!!! THANKS!

Hey guys I have a question. I have 2 JL 10w3's, they are both DVC but one is 2 ohm and the other is 4 ohm. How can I wire these up to a sony xplod 1200 amp. The amp specs are :
200 watts RMS x 2 @ 4 ohms

250 watts RMS x 2 @ 2 ohms

500 watts RMS x 1 @ 4 ohm

Is this amp ok for these subs? Please help me figure this out!!! THANKS!

well y dont u wire the 4 ohm to 2 and match them i had a premium sound sony amp and it killed tghe hell out of some wo's so ya that will pound buddy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.