vm audio srw 12 unboxing.... free sub for review...

basswiigee

CarAudio.com Veteran
MICHIGAN
i must say my first thoughts were fed ex svcks as a carrier, as my boxs were beat up to say the least but vm audio double boxed... so they were fine... I must say i was concerned when I looked at the pictures for these subs, the magnet was almost as big as my 6x9 magnets, but not the case even though the magnet is not huge, it has a little weight to it, was really surprised by the over all look of the sub, nice, it definitely has a nice over all look for what it is, I will post pics and do my review in a couple days give it some time to break in and i will post pics and videos for all interested...

intended set up, 2 srw12s on a apsm1300, what a better way to test a budget sub than with a budget amp... I am excited just to see how they really sound, I have made alot of heads turn with budget equipment over time, and hoping that I can surprise some people with these as well...

http://s1319.photobucket.com/user/basswiigee74/library/VMInnovations

... you know they kind remind me of the hifonics hfx12s

SUPER FAST SHIPPING!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
cant wait to get my pair tomorrow.... question how do you like the basket design? just by pics im not a fan of it. not your typical style for sure. imo.
not too impressed with it, altough it is different and unique, just the magnet part of it is weird to me, but better than the pictures make it out to be, they need new pics for sure...

the one thing i do like that i can see from the pics they posted etc is that the subs come with push terminal connectors. i know alot of "low end" / "budget" subs have the male spade connectors on it which i hate. they tend to break etc.

the one thing i do like that i can see from the pics they posted etc is that the subs come with push terminal connectors. i know alot of "low end" / "budget" subs have the male spade connectors on it which i hate. they tend to break etc.
yeah, even though they are convenient, they do tend to have problems, but with dvcs and budget subs i love the convenience !!! and you got to remember they aren't gooing to be pounding hard enough to get messed up, if they do it will be from constantly changing wiring!!!

not gonna lie, i went out to the garage, they are just like hifonics hfx subs that got alot of raves and good review on here (which i don't agree with as a budget sub) but I think it may be better, just have to wait and find out!!! but definitely better built, those hfx's have a retarded amount of plastic on them!!!

ok, so i been running these subs for a couple hours and on different ohm loads and different music and compared it to similar subs...

let me first say being a budget sub it is fair for the price, wattage a little overrated... (got stinky coils a few times) this sub hates decaf!!!! i couldn't even get through a whole song without the smell!!!lol this sub loves punchy music handled rock and techno without issue, handles alot of rap music that isn't too bass heavy... i ran it on a apsm1300 and used a sealed prefab enclosure... all items i figured that a person would use buying these subs, both 4ohms and 1ohm... setup didn't like 1ohm too much... played great on 4ohm, i compared it to a kenwood 3013ps and compared it to a kenwood 3012... really the distinct difference is the kenwood lacked on the punchy techno and rock where the vm's shined, but the kenwoods handle the heavier bass rap where the vm's lacked.. i will post some pics and vids if you'd like, all and all not a bad little sub especially if you like rock/pop or techno/house where this sub shines for the money... if you like some of the heavier bass rap music and have the room maybe a good sub for a larger budget build of 4+ subs... the over all sound of this sub is a clean punchy bass... i would recommend for the money...

well they are toast!!! never had two subs seize up at the same time before!!! lol had to pull over and make sure the car wasn't on fire!!! horrible smoke and smell!!!

sad thing was audiopipe 1300 (1000w rms) no bass boost, subsonic set at 35, gain not even half way... volume on hu, never goes past half way... (as it goes to 62) hu sub level +6, no loud, no sla, bass +2, just crazy... subs hate rap... great for rock though!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.