Increasing wattage for jl w3

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have 2 jl w3v3 10 inch subs In a ported box. It is currently being powered by a lanzar vector amplifier which sadly only puts out about 138 watts per sub. I am thinking about switching to an amplifier that has a rating of 1000 watts so it will meet the full potential of my subs (500 watts rms each). One of my friends has two rockford p1 10 inch subs in a ported box and the amplifier gives each sub 250 watts each. He keeps talking about how his subs are louder (which they are). If I upgrade my amplifier to where it runs 500 watts to each sub, will they be louder than the P1's?

They will be louder generally speaking but no one can tell you for sure whether or not they will be louder than your friends setup. Too much depends on the install (enclosure design, vehicle in question, etc).

I don't recommend you get into this hobby with the attitude of "I need to be louder than my friend" just aim to please yourself. If you're unhappy with your setup, then upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.