Viper question

brent

I have a Viper 600 installed on my 2001 Pontiac Sunfire. Here's the problem, apparently on this year Sunfire, the factory security system can only be disarmed by a GM dealer. The place I got it installed called the makers of Viper and they also referred him to a dealer. The problem is this: The factory alarm still arms itself if locked from within the car (using the power lock switch on the door) therefore if you use the Viper to unlock it, the factory alarm still thinks its locked, so when you open the door, the factory alarm sounds off. Right now, the Viper chirps once when arming and FOUR times when disarming, I don't believe this is normal. I brought it to THREE dealers, none of them have heard of this before and said they couldn't do anything about it. It can't be to complex of a process, basically I just want the factory alarm totally disabled!!! Any help would be MUCH appreciated!

Thanks,

Brent

I know for some honda's the alarm and keyless entry are all controlled through the HU. Couldn't you just resolve the problem by disabling the factory alarm. The dealer must know how to disable the factory alarm. Either that or your just gonna have to find somebody that knows how to steal cars to do it for you. Good luck!

I assume that your factory antitheft system came with the keyless entry transmitters.

if this is the case then some where in the vehicle you have the antitheft control module. All you will have to do is disconnect the module and the make sure the Viper 600 is wired into your door locks. As for as the Viper chirpping 4 times when you dearm it is because it is by-passing zones consult your owners manuel for exactly which zones. but if i'm not mistaken it will possibly be your door triggers. I hope this helps

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.