viper d2500.1 fried, from ike sound

jchancellortool
10+ year member

7.62 x 39
IN
Ok well after having my new amp hooked up for two days it died.

The first day I hooked it up I noticed it would cut in and out on certain notes when turned up, but others were fine. I'm assuming it wasnt getting the current it needs to push that hard. I have not yet gotten the chance to do the Big 3. The next day it did the same but I didn't have time to listen to it very long.

Well earlier today I was driving and it was working the same as it has. About an hour and a half later I got back in the car, started it up, and put the music up and I quickly noticed that it was about half as loud as it had been. As soon as I got home I opened the trunk and the subssounded awful. They sounded relly scratchy and distorted. I looked on the amp and the red Protection light was on aswell as the green (power?) light. I could also hear a faint humming sound coming from the amp.

Next I turned the subs off with my head unit. Then I shut the head unit off and then back on and noticed all of the lights in the car dimmed extremely bad as the amp made a snap sound as it turned back on. I then see a cloud of smoke coming up from my beloved amp. Why did all of this happen?!?!?

Also, I would like to ask if Ike sound will cover this. I have not even had it for over a week so my 90 warrenty that comes with the refurb is not up.

Send it back. Ike sound has been selling bad refurbs lately.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/thumbsdown.gif.d22f25895e9b40f2300c953691dacfa2.gif

Screw Ikesound, my Directed 1100d got damaged after few minutes only, and it was connected to a 2 ohms load. As i payed 200US$ for the shipping from USA to the midleeast:(, heh no way to send it back to USA for repair, now i am gonna try to bring few Mosfet transistors that got damaged and hopefully repair the amp myself:(

Dont bother sending it back to ikesound. Deal with Directed themselves- you should have received a warranty from Directed in the box, usually six months.

ike sound **** the big one at returns. i had to call all the time and supposidly the guy that does the returns only works 3 days a week. i ended up requesting to talk to ike himself and he took care of the problem

Is ike sound an authorized DEI dealer? I have heard from some that they are and someone told me that they aren't.

Anytime Ive bought a directed product from them, it came in a box with a Directed Refurbished sticker on it, and a paper with a six month warranty from Directed. Didnt you have that?

Isnt ike sound that bad dealer who has gotten a shitload of bittttttchin towards him lately, i wouldnt buy a new ballsack off that guy

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.